• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Finisterre

KristinaMaria

Hi, sorry if this is a repeated question but I couldn't find the answer. I would like to end my Camino at Finisterre...if walking how many days would this take (and is it an easy route)? if not walking is there a bus I can take from Santiago de Compostela? Thanks!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
It is three to four days walking. The stages are a bit on the long side. The path undulates across hills. There is at least one stream crossing that you will wade. There are several buses daily from Santiago to Finisterre.

If walking it in 3 days, the first day is 22 kms to Negreira. Day 2 to Olveiroa is 37 and day 3 is 27 to Finisterre. You can break up the 3rd day by stopping in Cee or Corcubion. I don't think you can break up the second day but that may have changed since I walked to Finisterre in 2004.

It makes a beautiful peacful ending to the pilgrimage after the hubub of Santiago.

I hope this helps.
David, Victoria, Canada

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi from Chris and Cathy (Brisbane Australia). We arrived in Santiago yesterday, walking the VDLP from Sevilla. Our intention was to walk on to Finisterra, but our plans have changed somewhat after visiting Ivar´s Travel office (which is very good and the staff very helpful).
We are now taking a bus to Finisterre and booking B and B accommodation for 2 night, then bus on to Muxia. We will enjoy walking around the coast once we get there.

Hi Chris And Cathy,
I'm a Sandgroper. I fly out on monday.As you have just finished your Camino, can you please give some feedback on availability of accomodation etc when you were there.Also, your highlights and any problems encountered.
Many thanks, Cheers Tanya 8)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Kristina,

In June the bus schedule from Muxia to Santiago had two choices: 7:30 am or 18:45. I remember seeing that the early morning bus was changing its departure time, maybe just for the summer, but you will be able to find that out once you're there. There is a bar right in front of the bus stop on the main drag (everyone in town and the albergue knows where it is) and the schedule is there.

Buen camino, Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I took the bus! the bus leaves from the central bus terminal in Santiago and takes about three hours to travel 80 kms. It was fantastic to sit and watch the scenery fly by instead of walking through it! The pilgrims who walked to Finisterra got a fantastic stamp! Finisterra is worth staying in for a few days. The bus will take you right into the township in the port.

Hi Tanya - I'm from the gold coast, have already walked the Camino - feel free to ask me for any help. You shouldnt have too much trouble with accommodation if you arrive by 1pm - otherwise, as you get closer to Santiago, especially from Sarria onwards, there are more pilgrims travelling and you can phone ahead and reserve a bed, provided you arrive before 5 or 6pm - that in a private hostal. A lot of people start walking early - we used to walk 10 kms before smoko and then only had another 10 kms or so to do. Buen Camino

tanyaseagull said:
Hi Chris And Cathy,
I'm a Sandgroper. I fly out on monday.As you have just finished your Camino, can you please give some feedback on availability of accomodation etc when you were there.Also, your highlights and any problems encountered.
Many thanks, Cheers Tanya 8)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I think the fare is under 15Euro each way. Note that there is only one bus on Saturday and Sunday.

SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA - FISTERRA
SALIDA LLEGADA LINEA DIAS HASTA EL EMPRESA
09:00 11:40 Santiago-Muros-Carnota-Cee-Fisterra DLMXJVS 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

10:00 12:40 Santiago-Muros-Carnota-Cee-Fisterra LMXJV 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

13:00 15:56 Santiago-Noia-Muros-Carnota-Cee-Fisterra LMXJV 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

14:30 17:26 Santiago-Noia-Muros-Carnota-Cee-Fisterra LMXJV 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

19:00 21:56 Santiago-Noia-Muros-Carnota-Cee-Fisterra LMXJV 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

KristinaMaria said:
Hi, sorry if this is a repeated question but I couldn't find the answer. I would like to end my Camino at Finisterre...if walking how many days would this take (and is it an easy route)? if not walking is there a bus I can take from Santiago de Compostela? Thanks!

Hi Kristina,

You can not compare the awful three-hours travel by bus with the incredible views and everything when walking. But, it's your choice.

If not walking or biking, you can not stay in the albergue in Finisterre even having walked to Santiago, because may be you have walked there and have been a pilgrim, but if you take a bus to finisterre then you are a tourist, without the option to stay in the albergue (beds are for who has arrived walking)

And, between Cee and Corcubion, in my opinion much better Corcubion ...

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back