• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Madrid.

Bernard duffy

Apologies if this has already been adressed,what travel options are available from Santiago to Madrid,april/may 2012,im flying to Madrid and starting my walk from Palmploma and having difficulty in finding direct flight from Santiago to UK,cheers,Bernie.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ryanair has a flight from Santiago to Stansted. You can take a bus or train from Santiago to Madrid. A couple of buses each day go to the airport, the rest to the station in the city.

booked a flight santiago to madrid 12 december cost 58 euros spanair. overnight train from madrid to ferrol on the 29 11 2011 61euros nightmare jurney 11 half hours john

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Train for 53.60Eur:

SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA 14.45 14.47
OURENSE 15.27 15.49
A GUDINA 16.54 16.55
PUEBLA DE SANABRIA 17.34 17.35
ZAMORA 18.49 18.50
MEDINA DEL CAMPO 19.40 19.41
SEGOVIA AV 20.33 20.35
MADRID-CHAMARTIN 21.08

Overnight train for 50.60Eur:

SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA 22.31 22.33
LALIN 23.22 23.23
O CARBALLINO 23.50 23.51
OURENSE 00.15 00.35
A GUDINA 01.47 01.48
PUEBLA DE SANABRIA 02.31 02.33
ZAMORA 03.58 04.00
MEDINA DEL CAMPO 04.52 05.41
AVILA 06.24 06.26
MADRID-CHAMARTIN 08.02

Typical Ryanair to Stansted:

Going Out: 16/03/2012 16:10hrs
Santiago Comp. - London-Stansted
1 x Adult 29.99 EUR
Taxes/Fees 0.00 EUR
EU 261 Levy 2.00 EUR
1 x Web Check in 6.00 EUR

Is it a good idea to pre-book Ryan Air or can it be done last minute? Its hard to predict the exact day. Thanks, Sara

falcon269 said:
Ryanair has a flight from Santiago to Stansted. You can take a bus or train from Santiago to Madrid. A couple of buses each day go to the airport, the rest to the station in the city.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Is it a good idea to pre-book Ryan Air or can it be done last minute? Its hard to predict the exact day

Short answer: yes it's a good idea to pre-book. Ryanair flights are cheaper if booked well in advance. It is difficult to be exactly sure of when you will finish but if you have no time issues just allow yourself a few extra days at the end.
There are also flights from Vigo and A Coruna to Heathrow, with Vueling, so if you prefer not to book too far ahead you could try booking when you are a week or 2 from Santiago. If you are walking over summer and school holidays flights will be more expensive no matter when you book :(

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back