Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Santiago to Madrid

Lurch

Past OR future Camino
looking at 2018-2019
Traveling CF with friends. They tired of walking, and will go to Madrid from 25th and fly out 30th. My question is, I am leaving on 30th, also. But want to walk more. Is it possible to walk 3-4 days towards Madrid and still catch a train/bus there? If so, is there a guidebook for that Camino?
Thanks

Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

SioCamino

Past OR future Camino
CF 2015, CPo 2016, VDLP[Sev-Các] 2017, VDLP[Các-Sal] 2018
I think that probably depends on where you are now? There is a camino de Madrid which I'm sure other forum members could advise you on (i think it merges with the francés at Sahagún??)
But what might be easier is to continue on the Frances and then just head to Madrid by bus or train when you need to.

Hope this is of help

offtrail1

Dave Black
Past OR future Camino
May 9th - June 13rd (2015) St Jean to Santiago
June 1st - June 29th (2016) Leon to Santiago & Finisterra
I think that probably depends on where you are now? There is a camino de Madrid which I'm sure other forum members could advise you on (i think it merges with the francés at Sahagún??)
But what might be easier is to continue on the Frances and then just head to Madrid by bus or train when you need to.

Hope this is of help
Not exactly the answer you're looking for, but once I finished my camino a few days early. I took the bus from SdC to Salamanca and spent 3 days exploring this beautiful, historic university city before catching the train on to Madrid & home. Also in the past when I had time to kill in Madrid, I took a day trip to Salamanca - only an hour or so away from Atoche. Buen Camino!

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Traveling CF with friends. They tired of walking, and will go to Madrid from 25th and fly out 30th. My question is, I am leaving on 30th, also. But want to walk more. Is it possible to walk 3-4 days towards Madrid and still catch a train/bus there? If so, is there a guidebook for that Camino?
Thanks
If you can get to Segovia you can walk backwards towards Madrid. It is 100K. I would think it would be pretty easy to get to Segovia especially if you are close to a decent size town.
Check this site for transportation

Download the Buen Camino app as they have the Madrid route with places to stay and a gps map which will come in handy walking in reverse.
Of course there is

Like Buen Camino also has places to stay and is the most up to date on open/closed albergues.

Buen Camino

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Angelo

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2014)
Portugues (2015)
Madrid (2017)
Inglés (2017)
Invierno (Apr. 2019)
Thanks

Hey Lurch!
The possibilities are endless. As mentioned by some forum members , you can actually start anywhere.
The Santiago to Madrid route is covered by a very efficient train service.
Try starting at Segovia which is a lovely city both in architecture and cuisine then walk towards Madrid. You will climb up the mountain though, a lovely trek I am sure you will enjoy. You will be in Madrid in 4 days using the Gronze stages. If you run out of time , just hop on the train or bus to Madrid.
Have fun!
By the way, that's me on the Gronze webpage for the CdM. Resting on my way to Puente Duero (April 2017). I had the privilege of walking with Carles, "un caminante muy amable" y un gran escritor"
All the best! Buen camino!

Carles

Past OR future Camino
Last: Lebaniego Castellano. Next: Mozárabe
Hey Lurch!
The possibilities are endless. As mentioned by some forum members , you can actually start anywhere.
The Santiago to Madrid route is covered by a very efficient train service.
Try starting at Segovia which is a lovely city both in architecture and cuisine then walk towards Madrid. You will climb up the mountain though, a lovely trek I am sure you will enjoy. You will be in Madrid in 4 days using the Gronze stages. If you run out of time , just hop on the train or bus to Madrid.
Have fun!
By the way, that's me on the Gronze webpage for the CdM. Resting on my way to Puente Duero (April 2017). I had the privilege of walking with Carles, "un caminante muy amable" y un gran escritor"
All the best! Buen camino!

Thanks for your kind words, Angelo!!!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances