• We are struggeling with some issues with images and attachments not loading on the forum. This is some left-over problems from the other day. We have back-ups of everything, so nothing is lost, we just need to link things up again so that it works. In short, we are working on it. Sorry! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Paris

pippi

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can get from Santiago to Paris using a pilgrim's fare? I've heard you get discounted tickets with some airlines if you complete the Camino. My mom and I will need to get back to Paris, but I'd prefer not to book a flight in advance so we can be flexible. Any experienced or knowledgeable person know if this is possible or a good idea? This will be at the end of June if that makes any difference.

Thanks everyone!

Pippi

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I've tried to research diff so called "pilgrim discounts for air fare" , in Spain & abroad, unsuccessfully.

Am sure they exist, people do talk about them, yet neither my friends nor I, have been able to benefit from them.

Sure would like to know from someone who has.

Buen Camino :arrow:

xm

I will doing exactly what you are on July 3. After looking at the options I decided to book ahead because of the significant cost savings and the assurance that I would get a seat. I checked for June 30 and found this: On Iberia, which is said to offer pilgrim discounts, the current fare is 812E. Assuming you could get 2 last-minute seats for half fare at the peak of the season it would be 406E. On the same day there is a Spanair flight from Santiago to Madrid for 31E and a Vueling flight from Madrid to Paris for 50E. Booking early I got the Spanair flight for 45E and the Vueling flight for 10E - yes, 10E. I guess it all boils down to how flexible you are and what it is worth to you.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
jeff001-

what proof is requested to get the "pilgrim discount?"

xm

I just found the cheap flight through Madrid, too. I think I"ll book in advance, just in case.

Thanks for the advice!

xm:
What I read, and I can't recall where it was, is that if you show your Compostela at the ticket office (Iberia as I recall) they will give you the discount. It sounds good but so many people trying to get home from Santiago it seems unlikely that you would be able to find an empty seat.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
jeff001,

thanks for your post, I need to research this more.

xm

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back