A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Santiago to Peniche, Portugal

DJ BJ

Does anyone have an idea how I can make it to Peniche in Portugal from Santiago? Buses or trains? I'm having problems wading through schedules with my limited Portugese (and by limited I mean none).

Advertisment

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there DJ BJ,

First of all, I would have to say that you live in a beautiful part of the US! I used to live in Fort Collins, and drove up in your area quite a few times. Great hiking country!

For the trip to Peniche (I have never been there), I think I would recommend the bus. Buses in Spain are usually a better way to travel that trains. Usually buses are more comfortable and faster.

Have a look at http://www.alsa.es (Click "English" in top right corner for a better understanding). They have a bus to Lisboa from Santiago de Compostela... its itinerary says it has the following stops:

these are aproxímate times.
Itinerary
City Arrives Leaves Days
SANTIAGO COMPOSTELA 10:00
PONTEVEDRA 10:45 10:45
VIGO 11:15 11:15
VIGO Aeropuerto Peinador 11:30 11:30
BRAGA 11:45 11:45
OPORTO Aeropuerto Sa Carneiro 12:30 12:30
OPORTO 12:45 12:45
ALBERGARIA 14:15 14:15
COIMBRA 15:00 15:00
LEIRIA 16:00 16:00
FATIMA 16:30 16:30
LISBOA ORIENTE 18:00
... once you are in the general area you would need to change to local transportation to get to Peniche. Not sure about what would be the best way, but the Alsa bus might stop at the bustation in Leira or Fatima and then you could maybe get a local bus from there?

Buen camino!
Ivar

DJ BJ

Ivar,

Thank you very much for the direction. Hopefully your new endeavor in Santiago will be in full swing by November and I'll see you at trails end.

Thanks again,
Bryan

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%