A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Santiago to Sarria to start camino

2020 Camino Guides

MAV

Camino(s) past & future
2016, and 2019
Hi there. I have done the full Camino before, but this time am meeting family in Sarria and starting there. Just wondering who else is leaving Santiago to Sarria on Thursday 24 October, and how you are doing it? Very confusing with regards to buses and trains etc as I've researched. I can't seem to follow the bus timetables (maybe a bit blonde! LOL) And don't want to pay 160Euro for a taxi. I'm staying at Hotel LUX in Santiago on Weds 23 October.

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
LePuy, Frances, Aragones, Ingles, Vezelay, Toulosana, Muxia, Fisterra, Portugues, Sanabres
There is one bus at 1500 from the Santiago bus station to Sarria by way of Monforte de Lemos, the scenic route. There are many more buses each day that go to Lugo then connect to Sarria.

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago 2014
Pamplona to Santiago 2017
Norte. 2018
Last month I took the train from Santiago to Orense and then train to Sarria. Took about 2 hrs. Very scenic. I timed it so I only had about 45 minutes to wait between trains. Bought ticket ahead of time at the renefe office in Santiago that is in the building next door to San Martin museum

Reactions: MAV

MAV

Camino(s) past & future
2016, and 2019
Last month I took the train from Santiago to Orense and then train to Sarria. Took about 2 hrs. Very scenic. I timed it so I only had about 45 minutes to wait between trains. Bought ticket ahead of time at the renefe office in Santiago that is in the building next door to San Martin museum
Thanks - so helpful!!

MAV

Camino(s) past & future
2016, and 2019
This is awesome. Thanks!!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 168 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 271 24.2%