• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santo Domingo de Silos

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

In praise of:

By all means see the cathedral in Burgos. And the archeological museum.

Then take the 1730 bus to Santo Domingo de Silos. Go straight to the church for vespers at 1900 (2000 July through September), then check into one of the hotels at about 30€ for a single. The bus ride is 6.30€ a direction, and leaves for Burgos at 0810 the next morning.

It is a restful side trip, and you can be in Tadarjos or Rabe on time the next day.

The Cordero Asado at the Hotel Tres Coronas is among the best, and their room rate is 29€ through bookings.com.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The latest:

BURGOS - SANTO DOMINGO de SILOS
LUNES A JUEVES : 17,30
VIERNES :
SÁBADO Y DOMINGO: no hay servicio

Días festivos consultar horarios
EMPRESA: ARCEREDILLO
INFORMACIÓN:
Tlfno: 947 48 52 66
Taquilla: 16
www.autocaresarceredillo.es

Itinerario:
Burgos
Sarracín
Cogollos
Valdorros
Madrigal del Monte
Madrigalejo del Monte
Villamayor de los Montes
Zael
Santa Cecilia
Revilla Cabriada
Castrillo de Solarana
Solarana
Nebreda
Cebrecos
Cebrecos (cruce)
Tejada
Tejada (cruce)
Quintanilla del Coco
Santibáñez del Val
Santo Domingo de Silos
Yecla
Hinojar de Cervera
Hortezuelos
Espinosa de Cervera
Ciruelos de Cervera
Santa María del Mercadillo
Tubilla del Lago
Valdeande
Caleruega

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I will be leaving SJDP on May 27th, 2014 and definitely want to take this side trip. Does the above post still apply on the logistics?
Thanks!

Rosemaryk1,

Another simple place to stay in Santo Domingo de Silos is the Meson Casa de Guzman. For info on monastry visits see their web page.
The monastery cloister is especially splendid as are the chants during services .

Margaret

The only problem I see with this suggestion is that it doesn't give you time to visit the cloister, which is just as amazing, IMO, as the vespers. Ranking right up there with Santillana del Mar, Moissac, etc. The visiting hours are very limited, 10-1 and 4 or 4:30 till 6 pm. You may not care about romanesque cloisters, but if you do, it would be a real shame to miss this one.

I know that a visit to the cloisters will mean a substantially later return trip to Burgos, but I'm just saying.....

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back