• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santo Tomas de las Ollas

Time of past OR future Camino
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
Our virtual Olvidado thread has been talking about this remarkable tenth C church, and how to get there. But it turns out it is a mere 1.4km from the Albergue San Nicolas de Flue in Ponferrada, well within the range of an average peregrino as a side trip:

So if you plan to spend the night in Ponferrada, it's worth checking it out! I've been through there three times and had no idea. Next time!

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Way back when we were doing the virtual Olvidado thread, I had written to the Ponferrada tourism office asking about visiting the church. They have just responded with the name and number to call.

Manuela, 606 13 52 11

She lives nearby and has the keys and is apparently very eager to show the church to pilgrims.
That is good news for future visitors.
The neighborhood surrounding the church has many new buildings. Nearby is a good simple popular resto La Fragata at Calle Medio, 102.

Last edited:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I was thinking of ponferrada today and wondered how many visited this gem. When I walked, this beautiful little church was the main reason I was in ponferrada (Templar castle was second). My guide (Confraternity of St James) told me to knock on house number 7 with the balcony; it took me a while to work up nerve to knock on a Sunday, but I wanted to see the church. I kept loitering and looking at my watch, looking longingly at the church then hopefully toward number 7 willing someone to walk out. I guess she saw me and took pity and walked out to ask if I wanted to see the church. The lady was wonderful, showed me the church and when I asked if it was still an active church, it was and I was invited back for Mass, where the priest spoke realllyyy slowly during the homily I’m sure because he was told the small perigrina barely speaks any Spanish.

The lady was wonderful, showed me the church and when I asked if it was still an active church, it was and I was invited back for Mass, where the priest spoke realllyyy slowly during the homily I’m sure because he was told the small perigrina barely speaks any Spanish
So touching, SS.
Just a little way off the beaten path, there are marvels. I'm do glad this happened for you, and thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.