• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sara’s Alternative Muxia & Finisterre (Via Mariana) Video Blog - Dec 2019

Sara_Dhooma

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (14), Portuguese (15), Le Puy (17), Ingles (17), VDLP (18), Lana (18), Madrid (19) + more
Hello!

I’m currently walking from Santiago de Compostela to the coast on an alternative route! I will be posting a daily video.

I’m travelling to Muxia on the brand new ‘Via Mariana’ Camino. The Via Mariana begins in Braga, Portugal - but the last four stages run from Santiago to Muxia. It has a super nifty credential!

Afterwards, I’ll connect to Finisterre via the ‘O Camino dos Faros’ (Lighthouse Way). Edited to add that I did not take the Lighthouse Way due to short daylight hours.

Here is a link to the video blog playlist:
Sara’s Alternative Muxia & Finisterre Camino Playlist

Also, I will be writing up a mini-guide to help others who would like to complete this route.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Bet you're glad there's no more vines and spiky bits...

What is that thing you’re zipping yourself into at the albergue to keep out the bad bugs??
Love the video and looking forward to updates!

EDIT: where is day 2??

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi all, five days of @Sara_Dhooma there now! View attachment 67579

I've posted the first two to the Vía Mariana Friends fb group, see link above, and sent the second two to José Malheiro for 'approval'. Excellent vids as we've become used to from Sara. The VM Friends group is great for the Portuguese and S Galicia stages, but I think Sara's are the first to show SdC to Muxía.

I've posted the first two to the Vía Mariana Friends fb group, see link above, and sent the second two to José Malheiro for 'approval'. Excellent vids as we've become used to from Sara. The VM Friends group is great for the Portuguese and S Galicia stages, but I think Sara's are the first to show SdC to Muxía.
Sorry, *Henrique* Malheiro, getting confused with first names, 'Jose' is José de La Riera, champion of the Galician section.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello!!!!

I did not complete Muxia to Finisterra via the Lighthouse Way. I didn’t take into account the short daylight hours (only 10 hours a day). I really hate rushing to beat nightfall on long stages. Being on the coast made me realize I want to walk the entire eight stage ‘O Camino dos Faros’ in the future!

I walked the traditional Muxia-Finisterre Camino route. In 2014 I travelled in the opposite direction, so at least I had a different view this time! 😉 That video should hopefully be up tomorrow!

I am sleeping in a bivy sack. I brought it with me to sleep under the stars on nice nights on an Andalusia Camino. Since I’ve been up in the cold, rainy north the entire time - it has only been serving as a bedbug shield instead! 😝

I have started a new Camino route today..... 🤣 You’ll find out which one on Tuesday. 😁

Hello!!!!

I did not complete Muxia to Finisterra via the Lighthouse Way. I didn’t take into account the short daylight hours (only 10 hours a day). I really hate rushing to beat nightfall on long stages. Being on the coast made me realize I want to walk the entire eight stage ‘O Camino dos Faros’ in the future!

I walked the traditional Muxia-Finisterre Camino route. In 2014 I travelled in the opposite direction, so at least I had a different view this time! 😉 That video should hopefully be up tomorrow!

I am sleeping in a bivy sack. I brought it with me to sleep under the stars on nice nights on an Andalusia Camino. Since I’ve been up in the cold, rainy north the entire time - it has only been serving as a bedbug shield instead! 😝

I have started a new Camino route today..... 🤣 You’ll find out which one on Tuesday. 😁

Thank you Sara.

I love your vids and backstory.

Keep on truckin!

Hello!!!!

Looking forward to the vid later today. You made the right choice IMO, the Muxía-Fisterra coastal (Dos Faros) route, as opposed to the 'normal' Camino one, is tough and takes longer, great when daylight hours are longer but in winter... BTW all 5 vids of VM are now posted on the Friends of the VM fb group site, and are being well received. Including by local taxi drivers...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back