Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sara’s Camino Primitivo Video Blog - November 2019

Sara_Dhooma

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (14), Portuguese (15), Le Puy (17), Ingles (17), VDLP (18), Lana (18), Madrid (19) + more
Hey all!

I’m pushing forward with the Camino Primitivo. Weather is a bit crazy... but I really want to complete my journey from Madrid to Santiago.

Here is the link to my playlist. A new video is posted each day at 5:00pm (Spain time).
Sara’s Camino Primitivo Vlog

Feel free to ask me any questions!

Cheers,
Sara

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey all!

I’m pushing forward with the Camino Primitivo. Weather is a bit crazy... but I really want to complete my journey from Madrid to Santiago.

Here is the link to my playlist. A new video is posted each day at 5:00pm (Spain time).

Cheers,
Sara

Approximately how many kilometers are you walking each day?
Do you state that at the end of the videos? (haven't watched them all yet)
Thanks. :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey all!

Cheers,
Sara

Glad you are doing well. Thanks for posting. We are planning on walking the Camino Frances next October. Any suggestions on what to clothes to pack or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Tks

I have been following you on You Tube and subscribed so I do not miss anything. When you described your difficulties on the San Salvador I hurt too. You did all the right things and I am very glad you came through it... likely a stronger person.

You have an indomitable spirit and enthusiasm. I reserve decisions on your “bridge dances...” But I LOVE the crown!

Rock on!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Approximately how many kilometers are you walking each day?
Do you state that at the end of the videos? (haven't watched them all yet)
Thanks. :)

I am walking between 15-25 km depending on the day.... and the weather. The distance is something I should add in!!!

Glad you are doing well. Thanks for posting. We are planning on walking the Camino Frances next October. Any suggestions on what to clothes to pack or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Tks

I think I’ll be putting together an upcoming gear video for an autumn Camino! 😉

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You seem to enjoy mud MUCH more than I do. Can't stand the stuff. On your videos, several times, when you chose the submerged trail, I might have opted for the road. One look at the water rushing down the trail and I'm like "noooo....take the road...."

Maybe it's an age thing. If I fall on a muddy yet rocky trail I could well break something. If you fall, it's just more laundry... and perhaps a bruise.

I DO however, applaud your choice in beer. Nothing like a tall cold Estrella Galicia, on any day...

Keep on truckin...

You seem to enjoy mud MUCH more than I do. Can't stand the stuff. On your videos, several times, when you chose the submerged trail, I might have opted for the road. One look at the water rushing down the trail and I'm like "noooo....take the road...."

Maybe it's an age thing. If I fall on a muddy yet rocky trail I could well break something. If you fall, it's just more laundry... and perhaps a bruise.

I DO however, applaud your choice in beer. Nothing like a tall cold Estrella Galicia, on any day...

Keep on truckin...
Good advise as a older guy myself I know the feeling. But those Estrella’s keep calling me back. Hopefully San Salvador to Primitivo following Sara’s footprints in March.

Hey all!

Cheers,
Sara

OK, I give up. I assume there is some way to “buy you a beer”, but I cannot find it on the youtube page. Can you tell me how to do it?

I am really enjoying all of your videos, Sara. You are — as one of your “family members” said in one of the videos — a campeona (champion).

Buen camino, Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Okay, but how about a six-pack...eh? We, geographical neighbors, share that affinity for a good cold beer...or several...;)

Anyway, when you get to Santiago, go to the Rua Bella Bar / Cafe located on Rua Nova, immediately next to the Pilgrim House. Their Estrella Galicia comes direct from the brewery in huge plastic bladders, containing several "kegs" worth of the good stuff.

The bladders are like kegs on steroids. These bladders are transferred to equally huge copper vats, that are stacked against the left wall for you to admire.

I used to think the copper vats were just for decoration, they are very "ambiente," until I was there one day when the delivery truck showed up....VERY COOL. One of the camareros (waiters) patiently explained in 'Spanglish' why this system was both special and superior. Works for me!

If you want your Estrella Galicia beer any fresher, go to the brewery directly and fetch it. When I am in Santiago, like for up to two months annually, this is my "local."

Now, if I can figure out how to send you a beer through the cyber tubes..., my donation will be for that first really special beer at Rua Bella... Cheers!

Last edited:
Ah HA! I figured the Montenegro sourced Paypal thing out. Worked easy peasy. Funds on the way.

Sent enough so you can have several Rua Bella-sourced very fresh and cold Estrella's when you get to Santiago...

One foot in front of the other does it, every time...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sara's most recent video shows how she took the detour to Santa Eulalia, the late Roman temple/crypt or maybe something else. I think the experts are not in agreement about its function, but maybe I'm wrong about that. I know a couple of us have gone on and on and on about that wonderful detour, oh so worth it. So you can now see it on camera. And as she shows, there is an easy way marked to get back to the camino without retracing your steps. It takes you past another romanesque church (I think I remember that the hamlet is called Bacurin) and then on to San Roman de Retorta. Getting close to Santiago!

Hi everyone!

I am now in Santiago de Compostela. I need a couple days of rest - and then I will be moving onto my next hike! I‘m being hosted in a lovely apartment by a wonderful Camino trail angel.

If anyone is around in Santiago de Compostela, and like to meet up- let me know!

As to where I am going... I don’t know, I have three more weeks before returning to Canada. Some options:

- Muxia on Camino Mariana (but the rain! 😱)
- Mallorca GR hiking & camping
- Camino de Sur (Huelva-Zafra)
- Camino Via Serrana (Gibralter-Seville)
- part of the Camino Levante from Valencia
- part of the Camino Mozarabic from Almeira

If anyone has some other suggestions, let me know! Remember that I have my tent & camping gear so can also sleep outside if there are no budget Albergues/hostels.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I am now in Santiago de Compostela. I need a couple days of rest - and then I will be moving onto my next hike! I‘m being hosted in a lovely apartment by a wonderful Camino trail angel.

If anyone is around in Santiago de Compostela, and like to meet up- let me know!

As to where I am going... I don’t know, I have three more weeks before returning to Canada. Some options:

- Muxia on Camino Mariana (but the rain! 😱)
- Malaga GR hiking & camping
- Camino de Sur (Huelva-Zafra)
- part of the Camino Levante from Valencia
- part of the Camino Mozarabic from Almeira

If anyone has some other suggestions, let me know! Remember that I have my tent & camping gear so can also sleep outside if there are no budget Albergues/hostels.

Congratulations on sticking with Primitivo.

I vote Mozarabic route.

€149,-
See Faith & Nate at Pilgrim House. Ask them to reach out to SYates, who also lives there. Amongst the four of you total Camino experts, you will come up with a good onward plan.

Also, if you are still in Santiago on Saturday, attend the 12:00 moon Mass at Saint Augustin, the church to the left of the Fresh Food Market, Abastos... JohnnieWalker of forum fame plays the organ for this Mass. It is awesome!

Later...

Just watched your latest upload! ha ha, still chuckling. The singing, the dancing... the wolf howling! 😂 I just love how you are able to capture that joyous camino "silliness" that kicks in at a certain point. Congratulations on surviving a very testing camino experience. Thanks for sharing your journey with us, and for all the effort you put into editing and uploading the videos every day. I honestly don't know how you find the time or patience. But it is very much appreciated. You don't need a crown to be queen... 👑

The Via Serrana provides the ultimate spot for a bridge dance! The Puente de los Alemanes between El Colmenar and Cortes de la Frontera starts after you exit a tunnel in the canyon wall you have just climbed. A steel cable is the only thing between you and the river 60 meters below.
15E2BD64-2EE3-48D3-8407-2BB35FFB8DCF.jpeg 293272DF-A1A1-4235-9786-FD67E1009E58.jpeg
Once across the bridge, there are more cables to help you up the other side.
3BDDEF90-D32A-4F86-8EF7-4C510796620E.jpeg 488C35F8-07A5-45D5-B1F3-7CEC603598C2.jpeg
It’s a gorgeous section and so are the stages before and after. More photos here. Have fun deciding. All your other choices sound great too.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey all!

Cheers,
Sara
Hi Sara

I did Camino France in 2017 and Camino Finisterre and Muxia this year...I don’t check posts regularly but just so happened to read about your journey and watched your YouTube...just want to say that you are an inspiration to all of us, strong and compassionate and to relive your trauma so that we can all benefit by being more vigilant and aware of our surrounding, esp when walking on our own.

I did my Camino France on my own and was very lucky ....it makes me sad that thing like this happens on the Camino.

Hope you are ok now

Buen Camino

Bee

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back