A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Sara’s Ruta de la Lana Youtube Vlog

Camino(s) past & future
Frances/Muxia (14), Portuguese (15), Le Puy (17), Norte (17), Ingles (17), Via de la Plata (18)
Hello!

It is 3am and I’m in Alicante. I should be sleeping... but I have major jet lag issues. It is going to be a rough walk to Novelda tomorrow! 🤣

Anyhow, I will be video blogging and posting a short daily video of the walk to my YouTube channel. I have today’s video posted!

Here is the link to the ‘Ruta de la Lana Camino’ playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkWTKtiUr2pf1a_Av7b-fPwYOcnI7DdTA

Cheers,
Sara

Hello!

It is 3am and I’m in Alicante. I should be sleeping... but I have major jet lag issues. It is going to be a rough walk to Novelda tomorrow! 🤣

Anyhow, I will be video blogging and posting a short daily video of the walk to my YouTube channel. I have today’s video posted!

Cheers,
Sara
Love it! Buen camino to you Sara, looking forward to following along. It is so helpful to have up to date info on stages and accommodations on these untraveled caminos. I hope to make it to the Lana in 2020. Hope the weather cooperates.

Buen camino, Laurie

Camino(s) past & future
Except the Francés
Hello!

Cheers,
Sara
If you enjoy the Lana half as much as I did earlier this year, you're in for a very happy few weeks.

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
Hello!

Cheers,
Sara
Nice nice nice I will follow you! This is my favorite Camino!! I love the part Alicante - Caudete! I will be your most devout follower :OD

Yessss I watched your first video. Leaving Alicante is tricky: I lost a lot of time on my first start! It's a fairly straight line from the center to the Cemetery, but of course you have to end up on the right street to get there. I am waiting for your next video! I never walked in November so I want to see what it looks like!

Thanks!

/Bad Pilgrim

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
Hello!

Cheers,
Sara
Uhm, if your jetlag still causes problems you can always stay in Orito, 8 kms before Novelda. It's a nice and quiet place, at least in summer. Let us know!

/BP

Camino(s) past & future
StJpdeP/SIdeC done 2011, Sevilla/SIdeC done 201313
Hello!

Cheers,
Sara
Well done Sara. Went from Alicante to Cuenca myself mid September last and loved it, so following your blog on YouTube will be really interesting. Take care and Buen Camino!

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
Hi,

Just watched your second video. I ca'nt believe how windy it is! Nice to se the interior of the albergue in Novelda as I have never stayed there. 32 kms on the first stage is too much for me...!

You met 2 other pilgrims the first day?? I wonder if there is a surge in pilgrims on this Camino, or if it is the season.

Waiting for the next chapter!

/BP

Camino(s) past & future
Frances/Muxia (14), Portuguese (15), Le Puy (17), Norte (17), Ingles (17), Via de la Plata (18)
Well there is going to be a delay for the next videos as I am locked out of the iCloud on my iPhone. :(

Really annoying! Spanish Apple support will hopefully be calling me today to get it fixed.

Otherwise, I’m having fun!!!! 😁

Camino(s) past & future
Just an update that I’m on an Apple security lock for another two days. That means I still can’t access my YouTube account. 😭

Currently tucked into bed in Caudete.

These beautiful young ladies were doing a photo shoot to promote an upcoming festival in Villena. 08A5A37C-C24B-4EBF-BD0C-98C58F1EC9A2.jpeg

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Look on the brightside Sara - at least you are not walking through NOR-CAL at the moment!
Davie
That's true. I drove on Thursday on I-5 just about 50km to the west from Paradise. Strong wind and smell of the smoke. Even in Oakland (airport) I felt it in the air. Only when I returned back to Europe I realized what happened there.

But just to add. Sara walked through NOR-CAL this year on PCT and also did vlog about that. I think she finished it a month or two ago.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 15,Portuguese 16,Finisterre Muxia 16,Ingles16,, Almeria to Muxia,Finesterre 18
hi and thank you ,,,,,with alansykes writing so well about this camino ,,and now your videos ,,,more caminos to get to!!!!!

Last edited:
Really enjoying these videos,Sara. I also visited those prehistoric paintings outside of Alpera. One of the things the guide told us was that they had survived thousands of years uncovered and exposed to the elements, but it was when the villagers found them and started touching them that they faded out so completely.

Thanks for bringing back these memories — my little band of three were the first people to sleep in the albergue. That was five years ago, so things may have changed, but it was a very nice albergue with a couple of small bedrooms. Buen camino,Laurie

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
Yess I see you have met Mónica! She is so nice :OD

When you are in Villaconejos de Trabaque, you will meet Pepe and Antonio! I guess I will see them in your video as well! :OD

Keep on Walking!

BP

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
About Campillo de Altobuey: I know the large building (sports hall) is kind of scary but I don't think it means anything that the door was open when you came back. I think the same thing happened to me and I assumed it was the "hospitalera" or a security guard or someone that was somehow connected to the sports hall. In the morning the gates were closed, although the lady said that she would leave them open, so someone had messed with them as well since I went to sleep. I had to climb the fence to get out the next day…!

/BP

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
Sara, at what time does the sun rise and when does it get dark?? I would love to walk in Winter, but I think I would have to hurry up before it gets dark in the afternoon…??

/BP

Camino(s) past & future
Sara, at what time does the sun rise and when does it get dark?? I would love to walk in Winter, but I think I would have to hurry up before it gets dark in the afternoon…??

/BP
Hey BP!

It is light around 8am, although I rarely start walking before 9:30am.

It is very dark at 6:15pm, my goal is to always arrive prior to 6:00pm, 5:30pm is better.

Cheers,
Sara

Donovan

Hi Sara, In case you want to shorten the day, Alan Sykes said “in Caracena the landlady at the bar told me her son is now offering shelter for pilgrims: not quite sure what, but definitely including a shower”. If available it makes for a very handy alternative to an otherwise awkward stage, so any feedback would be most welcome
Thanks for the videos - they're great.

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
There is also a Casa Rural in Tarancueña, very nice but quite expensive (about 50 euros, don't remember exactly) if future pilgrims would like to push on 7 kms after Retortillo de Soria. I stayed there in order to shorten the next stage. From Tarancueña to San Esteban de Górmaz it is "only" about 37 kms!

/BP

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Sara, In case you want to shorten the day, Alan Sykes said “in Caracena the landlady at the bar told me her son is now offering shelter for pilgrims: not quite sure what, but definitely including a shower”. If available it makes for a very handy alternative to an otherwise awkward stage, so any feedback would be most welcome
Thanks for the videos - they're great.
The bartender in Caracena offered me accomodations but I chose to walk onwards. She also mentioned there was a possibility of sleeping in Olmillos.

I did a shorter stage from San Esteban the next day to make up for the marathon. 😎

Camino(s) past & future
I’m behind in posting videos (slow wifi out here 🤣) - but today I walk into Burgos!!!!!!!!

I will make a ‘tips and tricks’ video for this amazing Camino soon. 🙂

I’ve had enough of the chilly weather so I will be flying tomorrow to Malaga to begin the Camino Mozarbe. 😎

Donovan

Hi Sara, OK, thanks again for the videos, I, and I think several others, look forward to the remaining daily reports and the tips and tricks summary.
I hope it's warmer for you in the south.

Davie Blisters

Camino(s) past & future
It is eternity now, it always has been and it always will be. We are in the midst of it.
Great...….. a new Camino!
Look forward to more beer reviews, bridge-dancing and Darwin-esque Walkby's.
Buen Camino
Davie

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
freescot Camino de la Lana blogs/photo albums 4

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%