• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sara Hikes the Mozarbe from Malaga to Córdoba Dec 2018

Sara_Dhooma

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (14), Portuguese (15), Le Puy (17), Ingles (17), VDLP (18), Lana (18), Madrid (19) + more
Hi everyone!

I am finishing the ‘Ruta de la Lana’ Camino today. I will bus to Madrid in the middle of the night and fly to Malaga early tomorrow morning.

I’ll have the rest of tomorrow to sightsee in Malaga. Any accommodation recommendations?

Should I try to obtain a blank credential in Burgos today? I have sent an email to the Malaga amigos about the credential and stamp.

I have potentially nine full days of walking to get from Malaga to Córdoba. I would prefer to walk in 7-8 days to have sightseeing (and resting time) in Córdoba before departing to Canada (from Madrid). I’d appreciate any guidance regarding longer stages.

Also, are there any amazing ‘don’t miss’ albergues along the way?

It is about 9:45am and I have 35km to walk to Burgos- so that is it for now!!!!!

Cheers,
Sara Dhooma

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A very impressive schedule.
My only memory of Malaga is as an over the top tourist beach destination with holiday condos overpowering everything. I would not have connected it with the Camino. I must have missed some of it.

A very impressive schedule.
My only memory of Malaga is as an over the top tourist beach destination with holiday condos overpowering everything. I would not have connected it with the Camino. I must have missed some of it.
That was my memory of Malaga (more accurately, the outskirts) in 1971, but I think the city has actually improved in some ways since then.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
The city of Málaga should not be conflated with the Costa del Sol, IMO. It has some really beautiful parts. As you might imagine, they are in the historic center — Cathedral, Alcazaba, churches, squares, cafés,etc. And don’t forget the Picasso Museum, though I have never been there unfortunately.

But more to the point, there seems to be a trend of lucky forum members who complete one solitary camino only to be able to head south and start again! Sara, you and @alansykes are provoking a lot of yearning in some of us who are stuck at home! Buen camino.

Hi Sara,
Maggie and I walked from Malaga a couple of years ago, you can find a record of our trip in her most excellent blog “trepedatious traveller “
I seem to remember that the route out of Malaga wasn’t particularly well marked, make your way to “Junta de los Camino” get a coffee in Hostal Jose Carlos and look across the road there’s an arrow on the telegraph pole more or less opposite.
Regards
George

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Sara,
I have been watching your videos for a long time. Previous Caminos, N. Korea, the PCT. I appreciate your sharing and l have caught a habit from you neither good or bad......."Doin the dance, Doin the bridge dance" !!! :cool:

get a coffee in Hostal Jose Carlos and look across the road there’s an arrow on the telegraph pole more or less opposit

Thank you so much George!!!

I booked for tomorrow night at the Hostal Jose Carlos. Almost everything decently priced was booked out in Malaga for Saturday night anyhow. I also don’t want to stay in the city.

I’m in Burgos and in a bit of culture shock—- so many people! Also, the Burgos albergue has like 20 pilgrims! Ahhhhh so crowded! 😜

I’ll do my Malaga sightseeing and then walk the 10km on the Mozarabe Camino to the hotel in the afternoon.

Cheers,
Sara

Sara,
I have been watching your videos for a long time. Previous Caminos, N. Korea, the PCT. I appreciate your sharing and l have caught a habit from you neither good or bad......."Doin the dance, Doin the bridge dance" !!! :cool:

Uhhhh oh!!!! 💃
😂🤣😁🤣😂

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I suggest downloading the accommodation guide from the Asociacion in Almeria, which will include the Baena-Cordoba sections. They update it monthly and there is a December version. It was posted on Dec 4 on their Facebook site and is also on their website. On the website it is on the lower right, called "Guia Almeria Merida 4 diciembre 18 Especial Navidad." The up-to-date accommodation guide is not one of the several blue-covered ones..

Hi Sara, as George mentioned you can read my blog here. We walked in 2015. If not too late I suggest you collect a credencial in Burgos. In Málaga you may be able to pick one up in the cathedral library. There is a church of Santiago where you can get a stamp or get one in the cathedral. Málaga is a beautiful city with many museums and places of interest and has become a city well worth a visit, rather than a hub to pass through. Buen Camino

There are lots of good albergues in Malaga, right in the centre of things. The only one I have stayed at is the Bellavista Playa,. The accomodation is basic, it is about a ten minute bus ride from the centre but is right on a beautiful beach. Hostelworld is your friend. :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi everyone!

I am finishing the ‘Ruta de la Lana’ Camino today. I will bus to Madrid in the middle of the night and fly to Malaga early tomorrow morning.

I’ll have the rest of tomorrow to sightsee in Malaga. Any accommodation recommendations?

Should I try to obtain a blank credential in Burgos today? I have sent an email to the Malaga amigos about the credential and stamp.

I have potentially nine full days of walking to get from Malaga to Córdoba. I would prefer to walk in 7-8 days to have sightseeing (and resting time) in Córdoba before departing to Canada (from Madrid). I’d appreciate any guidance regarding longer stages.

Also, are there any amazing ‘don’t miss’ albergues along the way?

It is about 9:45am and I have 35km to walk to Burgos- so that is it for now!!!!!

Cheers,
Sara Dhooma
Sara I very been so enjoying your blog. Ultreia

Hi Sara, as George mentioned you can read my blog here. We walked in 2015. If not too late I suggest you collect a credencial in Burgos. In Málaga you may be able to pick one up in the cathedral library. There is a church of Santiago where you can get a stamp or get one in the cathedral. Málaga is a beautiful city with many museums and places of interest and has become a city well worth a visit, rather than a hub to pass through. Buen Camino

Your blog is fantastic!!!! It has been super helpful with guiding my Camino thus far. I stayed in Antequera last night and made sure my key worked in the iron gate before going out for the evening. 😝

Your blog is fantastic!!!! It has been super helpful with guiding my Camino thus far. I stayed in Antequera last night and made sure my key worked in the iron gate before going out for the evening. 😝

Thanks so much Sara. Very glad to be of help. I have received so much useful information from others that it is good to be able to pay it forward.

I am about to embark upon your Lana videos as I am planning this route for next spring. My camiga, with whom I will walk, has already watched them all and has written to me today that “we have to adapt her bridge dance”. I’m looking forward to seeing what that involves!

Buen Camino!

The city of Málaga should not be conflated with the Costa del Sol, IMO. It has some really beautiful parts. As you might imagine, they are in the historic center — Cathedral, Alcazaba, churches, squares, cafés,etc. And don’t forget the Picasso Museum, though I have never been there unfortunately.

But more to the point, there seems to be a trend of lucky forum members who complete one solitary camino only to be able to head south and start again! Sara, you and @alansykes are provoking a lot of yearning in some of us who are stuck at home! Buen camino.
And that's really a lot of yearning!!! :)

Tell me about it.

I am about to embark upon your Lana videos as I am planning this route for next spring. My camiga, with whom I will walk, has already watched them all and has written to me today that “we have to adapt her bridge dance”. I’m looking forward to seeing what that involves!
Buen Camino!
You will have to post a video, of course! :D

Most read last week in this forum

We have now completed the Camino Mozarabe, walking from Almeria to Merida. Gerard and I documented our walk, in English and Dutch, in our Find Penguins blog, which you can access here...
Our suggestions for updates to the Mozerabe Guide 1.Ocaña: We had some trouble finding the albergue. Keep following the Camino route and look for the blue albergue marker beside the church. The...
The Almería Association has just published a book compiling the comments of female pilgrims from all over. The presentation of the book was last week in the Museo de las Peregrinaciones in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back