• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria store

Welly

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago - May 2017
St Jean Pied d Port to Finisterre - April 2018
Hi does anyone know if the store in Sarria opens on a Sunday and how late it shuts on most days?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Any of them! I'm hoping to stick up on supplies when I get there tonight including a walking pole

Which store do you mean? Sarria has many!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In Sarria THE place for hiking clothes and supplies is Peregrinoteca. Located on the camino at Calle Benigno Quiroga, 16 bajo it has everything any pilgrim could need! See more info in their web.
http://www.peregrinoteca.com/tienda/

In season they are open 7/7
09:00-014:00
16:00-20:30

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks Jeff! Found a walking pole so all ready for the off tomorrow! Already loving it!

In Sarria THE place for hiking clothes and supplies is Peregrinoteca. Located on the camino at Calle Benigno Quiroga, 16 bajo it has everything any pilgrim could need! See more info in their web.
http://www.peregrinoteca.com/tienda/

In season they are open 7/7
09:00-014:00
16:00-20:30

Wel Margaret, they disappointed me. I lost a prized "wick" hiking singlet the night before in Alto de Poio, and popped in here looking for a replacement in a polyester/cotton mix. They sent me on a wild goose chase downtown mentioning several places which likewise couldn't help. Coming out of the last of these empty-handed about an hour and a half later, a nice local lady sensed my woe and directed me to a Chinese sell everything and anything shop where they had quite a supply. It was directly across the road, possibly 10 metres from Peregrinoteca! These sell anything shops are marvellous for all sorts of odd things. In Ponferrada it was the only place I could find a pair of bootlaces long enough!

De colores

Bogong

Thanks for all the help guys. Now I've been I realise just how easy it was to find stuff I needed! I had a life changing, amazing time. I started planning my next camino waiting for the plane home!! Buen camino amigos!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.