• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria to Camino Ingles

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Time of past OR future Camino
I haven't looked into the Camino Ingles, but am in Triacastela (on the Frances) and I'm thinking of heading to the Ingles (bus? tren?) from Sarria. What is the best way to do that? Where should I start the Ingles if I want to walk about 4 twenty kilometer days to get to Santiago? I'm on my phone and can't search for this info easily. Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi @JillGat,
Starting in A Coruña is probably the better option for your timeframe and distances.
The Renfe website shows trains from Sarria to A Coruña at 06.43, 09.02, 9.23, 16.24 and 19.00. Journey time is around 2 hours 20 mins, depending on the particular train.
You can also travel by bus via Lugo.

Hope this helps,
Nuala

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We started in Ferrol, took 4 days to get to Santiago. Getting to Ferrol was a bit more difficult then A Coruna, as A Coruna is more of a hub, but it's not far and there are buses if all else fails a taxi.

From your post @JillGat I am not sure if you are planning on stoping your French route in Sarria, and then up to the start of the English Way to walk down to Santiago. Why not walk on from Sarria to Santiago (shouldn't he that busy this time of year) and then continue on the English away (ie in reverse). Or is time the issue?

Perhaps @JohnnieWalker can help you more with the logistics. While it looks far when you are walking, it's all pretty close and well connected with local buses.

Hola @JillGat - if you want to walk the 75 kms from Coruña to Santiago then NualaOC has given the information on how to get there. The other option is to get to Coruña and bus over to Ferrol and walk the 118 kms to Santiago. However that would take 5 days. Please be careful with the Coruña option. If you walk from there you won't get a Compostela, you are unlikely to meet other pilgrims and the route really isn't scenic in any way IMHO.

I hope this helps

John

Just curious, but she's walked the Frances, right? Would any of it count as an addition to the Inglés? Similar to the walk at home prior to starting from A Coruña if documented? IF she can count some of the Frances, could she start from Betanzos instead of Ferrol of A Coruña to do it in 4 days?
Buen Camino, @JillGat !!
Terry

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I haven't looked into the Camino Ingles, but am in Triacastela (on the Frances) and I'm thinking of heading to the Ingles (bus? tren?) from Sarria. What is the best way to do that? Where should I start the Ingles if I want to walk about 4 twenty kilometer days to get to Santiago? I'm on my phone and can't search for this info easily. Thanks!
Jill, from Sarria, go to Lugo by bus, then go (rail or bus) to wherever you decide to start the Inglés. Lugo is a transfer point for many places, train & bus, and you should have no problem getting where you want from Sarria!!

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.