A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Sarria to Porto

Camino Badges

Caligal

Camino(s) past & future
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CP April 2019
I’m getting ready to embark on Camino #2!! I had thought about walking to Sarria then either bus or train to Porto to walk the CP to Santiago. Sounds pretty easy right? Not so much, the only option I could find is : Renfe Sarria to A Courna (seems out of the way) connecting bus leaves A Courna 10 minutes before train arrives☹ So i would need to spend a day/ night. Next day get bus to Porto. Am i reading it wrong? Has anyone used bus or train from Sarria to Porto? Maybe i could get to Porto from further east of Sarria. Would I be able to get a ticket if I just show up being I don’t know when I’ll get there. Any shared experience or knowledge would be appreciated.😊

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
This looks quicker

Or from Ponferrada takes the same route

Or going from Leon takes about the same time, but is more direct

Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, Soulac, Norte, Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés
Has anyone used bus or train from Sarria to Porto?
Hi, I caught a train a couple of years ago, at about 9am, from Ponferrada to Tui, arriving about 13:30. I really enjoyed that slow rural train ride, looking out at the scenery. From Tui station I had to walk a few kms into town, but it wasn’t far, and I then walked across the bridge from Spain to Portugal. Next day I took another train from Valenca to Viana do Castelo, and started walking north from there on the Camino Portugués. If you check the train times it may be possible to get a train that same evening from Valenca to Porto https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Valença-Portugal/Porto

2704hein

Camino(s) past & future
September 2019
Hi, We booked on Flixbus from Santiago to Porto the cost for 5 of us were e169.03.
You can also look on Busbud, Alsa bus service is on there as well, they are a bit cheaper.
Hope it will help you.

Caligal

Camino(s) past & future
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CP April 2019
Hi, We booked on Flixbus from Santiago to Porto the cost for 5 of us were e169.03.
You can also look on Busbud, Alsa bus service is on there as well, they are a bit cheaper.
Hope it will help you.
Thanks but I want to go from Sarria not Santiago.

Caligal

Camino(s) past & future
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CP April 2019
Hi, I caught a train a couple of years ago, at about 9am, from Ponferrada to Tui, arriving about 13:30. I really enjoyed that slow rural train ride, looking out at the scenery. From Tui station I had to walk a few kms into town, but it wasn’t far, and I then walked across the bridge from Spain to Portugal. Next day I took another train from Valenca to Viana do Castelo, and started walking north from there on the Camino Portugués. If you check the train times it may be possible to get a train that same evening from Valenca to Porto https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Valença-Portugal/Porto
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!! This would be exactly what I would want to do. Bonus would be I’m going to be doing the Coastal so I wouldn’t be going thru Tui/Valenca now I get to see both. Thank you for helping me out with my planning. Dee

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.5%