• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria to Santiago April 2016

MRyan

Sarria to Santiago-April 2016
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (Camino Francés)
We are 4 Ladies headed out on our first Camino. Due to time restraint and ages we have decided to walk the last bit of Camino Francés into Santiago. We are looking for advice on places to eat and sleep along with things we must see. We would also like advice on transporting some bags.
Thank you for your attention and advice.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola and welcome to the forum.
We like the Gronze website as it gives distances, elevations and lists of places to sleep so you can make your own stages over however many days you want to take. If you like museums there is a pilgrim museum in Melide, near the church in the centre , in the old albergue.
We try to eat where the locals eat as the menu del dia is often more varied than the straight menu de peregrino.
Buen Camino

We are 4 Ladies headed out on our first Camino. Due to time restraint and ages we have decided to walk the last bit of Camino Francés into Santiago. We are looking for advice on places to eat and sleep along with things we must see. We would also like advice on transporting some bags.
Hello, wish you all a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

jacotrans are reliable inmy opinion for luggage transport

there are some interesting places to stay that may be worth going the 'extra mile' and splurging along the way, such as the pazo at sedor or the rectoral de lestedo. if its albergues or budget options, the resource section in this website has a great list. eating suggestions are a bit more difficult as the majority of the bars are similar and offer similar 'menus of the day' or a la carte menus. perhaps ezequiel or garnacha in melide for your octopus experience is in order, and the restuarante el mirador in portomarín for fantastic views of the reservoir from above. in arzúa i tend to hover either to teodora or encontro for their very filling 10 euro menus of the day.

must sees that require detours or extra kms: the castro at castromaior (walk), vilar de donas between ligonde and palas de rei (walk), pambre castle between palas de rei and melide (taxi, and careful it may not be open), samos monastery in case you skipped it or are starting in sarria (walk or taxi/bus), even sobrado monastery about half an hour north of melide (taxi). all teh rest of the major sights are literally 'on the Camino'.

have fun and Buen Camino!

jeff

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Just made two first booking for the start of our Camino one SJPDP and Roncesvalles and wow prices are all levels but the base is starting for two around 120euro (175 Cdn) for two beds and some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back