• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria to Santiago Documentary--The Four Minute Pilgrimage

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Here's a little travel show about the last 100k.
For those who are starting to contemplate walking the Camino, the five four-minute clips will add insight to the film "The Way." Segment four includes some comments on pain, which is completely absent in Estevez' film!

The bulk of the interviews seem to be with pilgrims walking only the last segment, so be sure to remember that you will be walking about seven times that which is depicted (if you are starting in France). If your feet and joints hurt on day four, imagine how they feel on Day Twenty (by Day Thirty-three, you may actually be recovered!).

For those who are "old timers," the clips are a pleasant reminder of the joyful naivety with which we start for the first time. They clear some of the jaded ennui that can cloud our remembrances and the recommendations. Not only is 100km quite an accomplishment, but it provides the same delight and satisfaction that thousands of kilometers of walking can.

No one has the same experience, but we all have the "same experience." The clips made me remember that.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks so much for making and posting these videos. I really appreciate that you included not just the beautiful scenery, happy pilgtims, and picturesque villages, but also the lousy weather, sore feet and snorers! They give me a realistic picture of what to expect on my first Camino, next year. But more importantly, they make me feel like I can hardly wait to get started. :) Great job!

Sorry there Americans - Guess "American" should have been in brackets. Just wanted to make a point - if you have time and strength - make a longer Camino than 6 days.

I am one of the two "Americans" in the video. This trip was my third Camino. I have walked the entire distance from SJPP to Santiago. I asked my friend Dan, who is an excellent story teller, to come to the Camino with me to do a story. Due to his very tight schedule we were only able to walk for one week. I suggested we start in Sarria so he could earn his Compostela. I think he did a very good job of telling the story of the Camino from Sarria to Santiago. We are upfront about what the video is and what it is not.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I am one of the two "Americans" in the video. This trip was my third Camino. I have walked the entire distance from SJPP to Santiago. I asked my friend Dan, who is an excellent story teller, to come to the Camino with me to do a story. Due to his very tight schedule we were only able to walk for one week. I suggested we start in Sarria so he could earn his Compostela. I think he did a very good job of telling the story of the Camino from Sarria to Santiago. We are upfront about what the video is and what it is not.

I agree. As a fellow Yank, I did the Camino Frances in May-June 2014 from SJPDP. The last 106km as shown in this video are accurate. I don't begrudge the pilgrims who started in Sarria, in fact, we met some who were as close as to us as those who started from SJPDP some 3 weeks prior. The trek from Sarria to Sanitago is difficult and I don't begrudge those who choose to do it. In fact, I might do that last 100km again as it was a great stretch of the Camino.

Wow -the total American pilgrimage! Well it is better than not going!

Sorry there Americans - Guess "American" should have been in brackets. Just wanted to make a point - if you have time and strength - make a longer Camino than 6 days.
Having walked both the Camino from St Jean and Sarria I thought that these video clips were very accurate will be helpful to future pilgrims, taking the view that this is "the total American camino" is a bit superior a view and not in the spirit of the forum. Each person makes their own Camino be it six days or thirty six days and each deserves respect.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This August my friend Dan Garrity and I walked from Sarria to Santiago. Dan, who is a professor of broadcast journalism at Gonzaga University, brought along a video-camera to document his first Camino.

http://bit.ly/1FA09ih
Robert, I have only had a chance to view the first two segments, but I'm looking forward to seeing the remainder. (Darned hotel weefee.) Excellent production quality, fast paced and enjoyable. We just completed a Camino last week, so the areas are fresh in my mind. Thanks for posting here.

Here's a little travel show about the last 100k. Five 4-minute episodes get you from Sarria to Santiago!
http://bit.ly/1FA09ih
Awesome I just returned home having started in St, Jean about 10 days in injured foot and knee so had to bus to some parts in hopes of picking back up in Sarria. I believe because of that these clips really mean a lot and so cool to know I was just on those paths! Thanks! Also good quick glimpse to share with family and friends.

Robert, I've just watched the 4 Minute. Well done. Dan is a great reporter.
I'm starting my Camino next monday from León and have seen many vídeos and read lots of texts, posts, news about the Camino. Yours were very good.
Congrats!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Nice work! No matter where you start you Camino, everyone end up doing (or at least trying to do) the last 100km. We already made two Caminos, the Portuguese from Valenca (120km) and the Frances from SJPP (800km) and we didn't felt we where more peregrinos in the larger Camino than in the short Camino. If you spent a month on the Camino you live more experiences than if you spent a week, obviously, but even a short Camino can be a life changing experience. Only our 2 cents...

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back