• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria to Santiago in 2 days

• Thread starter Deleted member 76633
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 76633

Have been en route from Logroño since 9th and now in SDC.

I left Sarria yesterday and arrived SDC earlier this evening. I’m perplexed at people taking 6 days

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

I left Sarria yesterday and arrived SDC earlier this evening. I’m perplexed at people taking 6 days
Hi there
did you enjoy the race?
You surely are taking the mick!!?

It's not a race!!
And many people like myself aren't blessed with your super human endurance!!
With good wishes
Annette

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I’m perplexed at people taking 6 days
I am perplexed at your perplexity.

I don't agree that people should immediately assume you are "racing", as that implies a competition. That may or may not be the case. Maybe you just like to walk over 50 km/day, and you can comfortably do so. That strikes me as being rather unusual but it doesn't perplex me.

Check my comment carefully. Someone presumed/assumed a ‘race’. It was never mentioned by me. Just someone trying to make a point that was nevertheless raised.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Some people like to walk slowly.....like us.

And some people are not physically able to walk more than 20-25 kilometers per day. Like us....

I envy your ability. I could have done it 40 years ago maybe.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
On my last Camino Frances in 2016 one of our ‘family’ walked all the way at 40 to 50+ km a day. He arrived in SDC in a few days, complaining loudly that he found the trip boring. He was told it was not surprising as he never took the time to meet people and let the Camino speak to him. After a little thought, he flew back to SJPDP and immediately walked a second Camino at around 25km a day. He had a ball and got much more out of the whole experience - but each to their own, you get out of it what you want. There is no right or wrong way to do a Camino. I’m about to return for my fourth...there must be a strong reason for me! Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Listen to your body. when you are hungry, stop and eat. When you are tired, stop and sleep. Try to enjoy a healthy meals at 2 pm and 7 pm. The food in between (bocadillos, patata, croissants) will leave you constipated. The menu del dia has all the veggies and carbs and protein (and wine) you need. Unless you absolutely have to get there, take your time and enjoy the experience.

Listen to your body. when you are hungry, stop and eat. When you are tired, stop and sleep. Try to enjoy a healthy meals at 2 pm and 7 pm. The food in between (bocadillos, patata, croissants) will leave you constipated. The menu del dia has all the veggies and carbs and protein (and wine) you need. Unless you absolutely have to get there, take your time and enjoy the experience.

It sounds like he enjoyed his pace and his experience. :)

And your point is?

You clearly are very fit with excellent stamina and endurance. Good for you - sincerely. You must also realise that walking 118km in two days - or indeed Logroño to SdC in ten days - is at the upper end of what is possible for most people (I would venture to suggest well beyond what is possible for most). So I guess I'm not really sure of the purpose of your post. You're "perplexed" why some people take 6 days? It's because they are not physically capable of walking nearly 60km in a day. Some of us take even longer than 6 days! Oh no!

If your purpose in posting this was to proudly announce your achievement then again, well done. There's no need to spoil it by commenting on how much longer it takes others. Or maybe you just wanted to stir up argument - in which case you are in breach of Forum rules against trolling.

Anyway - congratulations on completing your Camino. I hope you found it an enjoyable and worthwhile experience.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
An interesting post :)
I am probably in the unique position of seeing this from both directions.
In 2015 I ran the Camino Francés from SJPP to Santiago in 12 days.
Last Friday I finished my 2nd CdF. This time I walked with my wife in 2 week sections over 3 yrs - SJPP to Burgos, Burgos - Ponferrada and then onto Santiago & Finisterre/Muxia this year. Totalling 40ish days.
Very different journeys but both were hugely enjoyable, hugely spiritual, hugely demanding and wonderful experiences.
Incidentally I rarely mention the fact that I ran unless directly asked “How long did it take you?” It just isn’t important - it was my journey. The major difference from most was that I was on the Camino for around 10 hours each day - usually until 4-5pm. I visited cathedrals, churches and spoke to hundreds of people. I had a different Camino family every day :)
So, if I wanted to be boastful and cruel, I could say that I am perplexed that it took the original poster so long from Logrono!!!
Equally well I fully understand how we all go at our own speed. Walking the Camino with my wife (who doesn’t run!!) has undoubtably brought us closer - we walked with love in our hearts. I never wanted to go faster or further. This was our Camino.
We met a wonderful 90yr old lady on her 15th Camino. She had started in Sarria and was walking a maximum of 5km daily. Each individual is on their own journey.
One of the most wonderful things about the Camino is the lack of judgement. We all have a common goal and nothing else really matters - it isn’t important what job you do, what car you drive...or how far you travelled that day.

And your point is?
If your purpose in posting this was to proudly announce your achievement then again, well done. There's no need to spoil it by commenting on how much longer it takes others.
Absolutely agree

The problem is not you doing it at your pace. You do the Camino as you want to do it. The problem is you implying that people doing it at a slower pace are doing it wrong or being inferior…
Also absolutely agree. However, I have been told, on this forum, that I did it wrong because I went at a faster pace!!

So each to their own. The Camino is a wonderful journey. No judgment required

Buen Camino to all :)

I guess every one has different motivations, personally for me the Camino is not a race to be done in the shortest time possible, it is something to be savoured.

I frequently take part in the Oxfam trailwalk, an all terrain 100km walk - it is a race, but for most of us its just about finishing. It normally takes me about 24 hours to complete. It is an organised international event, and we choreograph each stage exactly, train very comprehensively, plan exact food/drink intake, and need an awesome support crew and two vehicles. I cant do it every year because the training prior to the event is really antisocial, and my husband would refuse to be my support person if I did it annually. (the rest of my family have already refused) Towards the end of the training I cant even train with my dogs, as they cant walk that long. It is a challenge - half of it is walked in the dark with head lamps, so scenery and surroundings are not even always visible. I have walked it in sun, wind, and in freezing cold sleet. Its always about the finishing - counting down the km markers (unless someone has stolen them) until the final one. We go through the finishing chute, and go back for a shower and bed.

I have also walked the Camino, and will do again (hopefully again and again until I'm too old). There is no comparison at all with an Oxfam event. I do a Camino for many, many reasons - personal, spiritual, and social. Although I always hope to get to Santiago, it's about each day of walking, not the getting there. It is almost the opposite of a race.

Last time we did some 25-35 km days, our longest was 41kms. Next time I aim for 20-25 kms, maybe even less. I want more time to smell the roses, to chat, to soak up the history, go to more church services, eat, drink vino, enjoy every single minute - to stretch the experience out, and eke out every piece of happiness I can. I know that as soon as I reach Santiago I will want to walk again.
It takes a long time to reach Spain from NZ, I want to take my time and enjoy every moment.

To me the Camino is not a race, but an life enhancing experience, that helps me to be a better me.

LOL that section was 7 days for me. Admittedly I stopped early for an overnight at the albergue at Monte de Grozo just because I wanted to experience it and then the next day strolled early into Santiago. Slow walker at the best of times but I purposely slow down towards the end because I don’t want it to be over.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Jenny Anderson, the mother of three, did it in 9 days, 5 hours, and 29 minutes. (4:15:14 actual running) On her last day, she left Arzua and was at the cathedral at 11 a.m., almost a rest day. Her first day was SJPdP to Uterga.

Seriously? I DO hope you got enough sellos if you want a Compostela. Normally, two per day from the Sarria to Santiago segment are the rule. However, traveling as fast as you did each day, if I were reviewing your credencial to determine eligibility for a Compostela, I would be suspicious... Just sayin...

One of my favorite commanding officers (captain of a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier) was right on this one:

"Slower is faster"

To all caminantes, animo, no pares de caminar.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
One of my favorite commanding officers (captain of a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier) was right on this one:

"Slower is faster"

To all caminantes, animo, no pares de caminar.

Yup. During MACV orientation and training (attached as team medic from my Dustoff unit) "Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast". :)

Seriously? I DO hope you got enough sellos if you want a Compostela. Normally, two per day from the Sarria to Santiago segment are the rule. However, traveling as fast as you did each day, if I were reviewing your credencial to determine eligibility for a Compostela, I would be suspicious... Just sayin...

And there is the core. A Compostela appears not to be about your intent on the Camiño about how many coffees you can drink and how many Sellos you can get.

Having done it I started as a pilgrim and finished as a cynic. But I will leave religion now to my cousins who are priests and nuns.

Pilgrim Mass very encouraging and what a beautiful voice.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have seen a few silly statements or comments on our forum. Sorry but this takes first prize. What does it matter how far anyone walks? Why do you care?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back