• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria to Santiago in a week! last minute urgent questions.

tommehigan

There are so many topics about getting to Sarria from Santiago on this forum and Ive got really confused as some links people post I cant understand and some links are out of date and dont work.

As I see it I go from the Airport to the Santiago Bus Station, go to Lugo then on to Sarria? Could anyone help me out with a clear explanation apart from this, such as a bus from the airport to Lugo - one was mentioned in a previous post but I couldn't understand it.

Another basic question - Do I need a map to do the route? Or is it clearly marked? I was thinking about using google maps - am I insane?

Is there a refuge in Rua?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me otherwise ill just see how it goes!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There are buses directly to Lugo from the airport, and additional buses from the Santiago bus station.

Depart. Arrivals Days of service Route
Bus station Airport Lugo
7:00 7:10 9:00 SMTWTFS Santiago-Lugo
11:00 11:10 13:00 SMTWTFS Santiago-Lugo
16:00 16:10 18:05 SMTWTFS Santiago-Lugo
17:00 17:10 18:35S MTWTFS Santiago-Lugo
18:30 18:40 20:30 SMTWTFS Santiago-Lugo
20:00 20:10 21:55 MTWTFS Santiago-Lugo
21:30 21:40 23:05 S Santiago-Lugo

LUGO - SARRIA on Empresa Monforte,S.A.(EMSA)

SALIDA 06:45 LLEGADA 07:15
Lugo-Sarria-Monforte (Hospital)
DLMXJVS

SALIDA 08:30 LLEGADA 09:04 Lugo-Sarria
LMXJV

SALIDA 10:35 LLEGADA 11:09 Lugo-Sarria-Monforte
DLMXJVS

SALIDA 12:00 LLEGADA12:36 Lugo-Sarria-Monforte-Quiroga-O Barco (Enlace en Monforte)
DLMXJV

SALIDA 12:45 LLEGADA13:19 Lugo-Sarria-Monforte
LMXJV

SALIDA 13:45 LLEGADA14:15 Lugo-Sarria-Monforte (Hospital)
DLMXJVS

SALIDA 14:35 LLEGADA15:09 Lugo-Sarria
LMXJV

SALIDA 15:20 LLEGADA15:54 Lugo-Sarria-Monforte
LMXJV

SALIDA 17:30 LLEGADA 18:04 Lugo-Sarria-Monforte-Quiroga-O Barco
LMXJV

SALIDA 17:30 LLEGADA18:05 Lugo-Sarria-Pedrafita do Cebreiro
LMXJV

SALIDA18:35 LLEGADA19:09 Lugo-Sarria-Monforte-Escairón
LMXJV

SALIDA20:00 LLEGADA 20:34 Lugo-Sarria-Monforte
LMXJV

SALIDA 20:45 LLEGADA21:15 Lugo-Sarria-Monforte (Hospital)
DLMXJVS

SALIDA 22:00 LLEGADA22:34 Lugo-Sarria
LMXJV

SALIDA 23:30 LLEGADA 00:04 Lugo-Sarria (NOITE BUS)
VS

There are four albergues in O Pedouzo near A Rua.

As I see it I go from the Airport to the Santiago Bus Station, go to Lugo then on to Sarria? Could anyone help me out with a clear explanation apart from this, such as a bus from the airport to Lugo - one was mentioned in a previous post but I couldn't understand it.

NO

You go directly from the Airport to Lugo. As you see in the schedule copied here.
Example
Buses depart Santiago's bus station at 7:00 am, pass by Airport at 7:10 am and arrive Lugo at 9:00am
You do not need to go to the bus station in Compostela. You get your bus at the airport.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
you don't need a map. there are so many yellow arrows that sometimes they become a bit overcrowded. but if you feeling insecure, john brierley now has a separate edition of maps only, so you don't have to carry a guide (where maps are inside and not detachable). and anton pombo has separate maps that you can take ouf of the guidebook (which is pretty havy, btw, and in spanish).

which rua? before arca do pino? there is no alberge there (there is a casa rural) but there are two albergues each in santa irene and arca do pino a couple of kms before and after it, respectively.

As you come out of Santiago airport the Lugo leaves from the first Bus Stop on the right hand side.
If the bus arrives and is full up the driver will phone through for a second bus which will arrive in about 30 mts. The Camono is well signed but be careful of following groups who head off in the wrong direction so as to get to their hotel for lunch etc.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back