A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Sarria to Santiago

MickMac

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances July 2018 - Meseta
My brother wants to start from Sarria to Santiago is there a bus from Santiago airport I have looked at past posts but find it confusing.

I asertained you have to get to Lugo and then onto sarria is there a place were bus departs from airport and possible times in late August..

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte at the moment, Camino Frances, Camino Ingles in 2013 - 2014, Camino Lebaniego
My brother wants to start from Sarria to Santiago is there a bus from Santiago airport I have looked at past posts but find it confusing.

I asertained you have to get to Lugo and then onto sarria is there a place were bus departs from airport and possible times in late August..
Hi
I have started one of my stages to SDC in Sarria
You can reach Sarria from Santiago de Compostela by bus (Need to use the aeroport bus to the bus station. Then it is the ALSA bus to Lugo roughly every hour, 15€, trip 3 hours.
From Lugo you need to Monbus to Sarria (roughly every two hours) around 4€.

If you like an adventure: Why not use the train? RENFE: Avant 09161 leaves SDC at 17:00 for Orense. There you board the MD37325 which leaves for Sarria at 17:52 and arrives in Sarria 19:00.
Sarria is only a single track and a platform.
Some standard Hotels close to the station and a number of albergues.
Good starting point. You might book a room in advance as some others will also start from here.
You will enjoy it
Utreia!

MickMac

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Hi
I have started one of my stages to SDC in Sarria
You can reach Sarria from Santiago de Compostela by bus (Need to use the aeroport bus to the bus station. Then it is the ALSA bus to Lugo roughly every hour, 15€, trip 3 hours.
From Lugo you need to Monbus to Sarria (roughly every two hours) around 4€.

If you like an adventure: Why not use the train? RENFE: Avant 09161 leaves SDC at 17:00 for Orense. There you board the MD37325 which leaves for Sarria at 17:52 and arrives in Sarria 19:00.
Sarria is only a single track and a platform.
Some standard Hotels close to the station and a number of albergues.
Good starting point. You might book a room in advance as some others will also start from here.
You will enjoy it
Utreia!
Brilliant many thanks you have simplified it

Advertisment

MickMac

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Any idea of afternoon schedule the time tables are difficult to work out.

Anniesantiago

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
I have walked the Camino Frances nearly every year and 19 various Camino routes 2006 through 2018

You can also hire a taxi and share it with others if you are strapped for cash.
But most people nab a bus either directly from the airport or to the bus station (right out front), then a bus to Lugo, then to Sarria.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 18 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 68 16.9%
  • May

Votes: 106 26.4%
  • June