• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria to Santiago

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
My brother wants to start from Sarria to Santiago is there a bus from Santiago airport I have looked at past posts but find it confusing.

I asertained you have to get to Lugo and then onto sarria is there a place were bus departs from airport and possible times in late August..

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My brother wants to start from Sarria to Santiago is there a bus from Santiago airport I have looked at past posts but find it confusing.

I asertained you have to get to Lugo and then onto sarria is there a place were bus departs from airport and possible times in late August..
Hi
I have started one of my stages to SDC in Sarria
You can reach Sarria from Santiago de Compostela by bus (Need to use the aeroport bus to the bus station. Then it is the ALSA bus to Lugo roughly every hour, 15€, trip 3 hours.
From Lugo you need to Monbus to Sarria (roughly every two hours) around 4€.

If you like an adventure: Why not use the train? RENFE: Avant 09161 leaves SDC at 17:00 for Orense. There you board the MD37325 which leaves for Sarria at 17:52 and arrives in Sarria 19:00.
Sarria is only a single track and a platform.
Some standard Hotels close to the station and a number of albergues.
Good starting point. You might book a room in advance as some others will also start from here.
You will enjoy it
Utreia!

Hi
I have started one of my stages to SDC in Sarria
You can reach Sarria from Santiago de Compostela by bus (Need to use the aeroport bus to the bus station. Then it is the ALSA bus to Lugo roughly every hour, 15€, trip 3 hours.
From Lugo you need to Monbus to Sarria (roughly every two hours) around 4€.

If you like an adventure: Why not use the train? RENFE: Avant 09161 leaves SDC at 17:00 for Orense. There you board the MD37325 which leaves for Sarria at 17:52 and arrives in Sarria 19:00.
Sarria is only a single track and a platform.
Some standard Hotels close to the station and a number of albergues.
Good starting point. You might book a room in advance as some others will also start from here.
You will enjoy it
Utreia!

Brilliant many thanks you have simplified it

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Any idea of afternoon schedule the time tables are difficult to work out.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

You can also hire a taxi and share it with others if you are strapped for cash.
But most people nab a bus either directly from the airport or to the bus station (right out front), then a bus to Lugo, then to Sarria.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back