Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

LIVE from the Camino Sarria to Santiago

Book your train ticket here

Crandall

Past OR future Camino
April (2020)
Tommorow I hit Sarria. I normally have reservations, but none available, so far, nothing is available. Anyone pass that way recently? Are there beds available? Thanks?

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

adriemorea

Past OR future Camino
June 2022
Just hit Sarria last night and walked to Portamarin today. It was like a tour group got off a bus at Disneyland. There was nothing peaceful or engaging ( for me!) along this busy part of the Camino and I suppose this is what we have to look forward to until Santiago. So grateful that I had the time to experience The Way pre-Sarria.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Booking.con is showing availability (often expensive rooms). The Albergue de Peregrinos has 40 beds, doesn’t accept reservations, and is probably empty if recent reports from non-reservable accommodations are as accurate as they seem.

Don't know how the wonderly algoritms of bookingdotcom work but I see for tomorrow five albergues in Sarria that have beds in dorms available.

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Anamiri

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2016, 2017, 2019 Camino Frances
Just hit Sarria last night and walked to Portamarin today. It was like a tour group got off a bus at Disneyland. There was nothing peaceful or engaging ( for me!) along this busy part of the Camino and I suppose this is what we have to look forward to until Santiago. So grateful that I had the time to experience The Way pre-Sarria.
It did get slightly better for me after the first day into Portomarin. They seemed to thin out a weee bit after that - or maybe they just got up later, and I missed them.

Past OR future Camino
2019, 2022 (Frances from Roncesvalles)
In the last week I have stayed after Sarria in the following places that weren't full:
Casa Barbadelo
Eirexe Xunta - about half full
Melide Arraigos - a handful of empty beds, I think people who booked and didn't turn up
Tabernha Velha, a few beds, though Heidi has been mainly full
A Rua Espiritu Xacobea - many empty beds.

Barbara

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, Norte (twice)and Primitivo, Sureste, In France From home Tours and Vézelay, also Le Puy.
If you go to the tourist office they should be able to help. They have all sorts of places on their list.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads