• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria Weather in End of May 2022

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances from Sarria 2022
Hello everyone! My name is Yulia from Indonesia. I plan to go on my first Camino around 21-27 May 2022 from Sarria.

Currently I am planning my trip transport, accommodations, but I have this question about the weather for my packing list. I am not a hiker or even a fan of outdoor activity so basically I need to buy/borrow some items such as backpack, trail shoes, and jackets. Some of below questions might seems dumb to you but please bear with me as I have been living in tropical country all my life.
  1. Weather - With the 21-27 May dates, what are the average weather in Sarria - Santiago? is it considered warm/hot to walk? I went to Barcelona in 29-30 May 2019 and it's very hot during daytime :\
  2. Sleep liner - during that dates, is it still cold at night? does most albergue will turn on heater in case it is cold or not? I plan to bring a sea to summit reactor sleeping bag liner but I am worried it's too much & I might ended up cannot sleep if it's too hot...
  3. Jacket - What kind of jacket should I bring? does a light thin jacket is fine (as long as it's waterproof)? In Indonesia which is tropical country, it's mostly sunny all year long and I only use a very very light windbreaker for morning walk so I guess before buying anything pricey for waterproof jacket, I really need to make sure
  4. Shoes - I plan to wear my New Balance Nitrel v3 trail shoes but I am not very sure if it's good enough for Camino trail. Has onyone ever use New balance nitrel v3 before on Camino?

Thank you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi and welcome
Hello everyone! My name is Yulia from Indonesia. I plan to go on my first Camino around 21-27 May 2022 from Sarria.
Buen camino
Currently I am planning my trip transport, accommodations, but I have this question about the weather for my packing list. I am not a hiker or even a fan of outdoor activity so basically I need to buy/borrow some items such as backpack, trail shoes, and jackets. Some of below questions might seems dumb to you but please bear with me as I have been living in tropical country all my life.
  1. Weather - With the 21-27 May dates, what are the average weather in Sarria - Santiago? is it considered warm/hot to walk? I went to Barcelona in 29-30 May 2019 and it's very hot during daytime :\
Sorry, I can't help you but try Googling "weather in Galicia during may".
  1. Sleep liner - during that dates, is it still cold at night? does most albergue will turn on heater in case it is cold or not? I plan to bring a sea to summit reactor sleeping bag liner but I am worried it's too much & I might ended up cannot sleep if it's too hot...
This will probably be fine.
  1. Jacket - What kind of jacket should I bring? does a light thin jacket is fine (as long as it's waterproof)? In Indonesia which is tropical country, it's mostly sunny all year long and I only use a very very light windbreaker for morning walk so I guess before buying anything pricey for waterproof jacket, I really need to make sure
Buy a cheap, throw away poncho that will cover both you and your backpack.
  1. Shoes - I plan to wear my New Balance Nitrel v3 trail shoes but I am not very sure if it's good enough for Camino trail. Has onyone ever use New balance nitrel v3 before on Camino?
These shoes will be fine. Beware of cow droppings as you get closer to Santiago de Compostela.
Thank you!
De nada

This is a good site for weather pattern history.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.