A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Saving a Post

Deirdre

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)
Hi Ivar,
Is there any way that a posting to the forum can be automatically saved prior to it being submitted? I just completed a lengthy post and wanted to check the spelling of a word... I forgot to open a different tab to look up the word, but rather changed pages on this tab and voilá, when I returned, by entire posting had disappeared, unsaved! :cry: It has happened before, and I just ignored it...but I'm sure it has happened to others as well.

Autosave is just one of those features that we all get used to...you know, like, was there life before computers? Anyway, I thought I'd ask - it was a pretty good posting. :roll:
Buen Camino,

Advertisment

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
I'm sorry to hear this. There is no "auto-save" feature in the forum software itself, but I will have a look and see if it can be added. (There is a "Save" feature, but it is not automatic).

I guess one advice would be to type long posts up in a text editor (Microsoft Word for example) first, then copy and past it into the forum post and submit it. This way you use the auto-save feature of Word while working on the post....

Will look into it though...

Saludos,
Ivar

Deirdre

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)
Thanks so much! That's a good idea - typing to Word... Please don't spend too much time on it - it is my own carelessness, really. (and vanity - not wanting to have spelled a word wrong!) But I thought if it were something that was easy to do or incorporate...
Buen Camino,

Peter Robins

Veteran Member
Donating Member
'no' is the short answer ;) There is nowhere on the server for it to autosave to. If you have a long post that you want to autosave, enter it in your word processor and then copy/paste to the entry box on the forum once you have completed your pearls of wisdom.

There's the same problem with the browser crashing - and there's a well-known rule of computing that, if a browser is going to crash, it will wait until you're 99.9% finished and then crash - leaving you to start all over again :evil:

Deirdre

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks, Peter,
I was unaware that our friend "Murphy" invented the web browser! As in "Murphy's Law of Web Browlers"!

I never considered my "pearls of wisdom" as you so aptly put it, :) worthy of saving until they disappear and you can't retrieve them!

Buen Camino

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.7%
  • April

Votes: 76 16.1%
  • May

Votes: 129 27.4%
  • June