• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Scout badges ... Pilgrim badges??

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Hi - just had a nerdish thought (as you do) ... scouts and guides sew badges for all sorts of activities onto their clothing ..... was wondering what we would design for the Camino achievements ...
Only few I can think of so far are ...

1. Over the Pyrennees in one day survival badge
2. 30 pilgrim meals eaten achievement badge
3. No blisters for 500 miles crossed fingers badge
4. Slept for more than 5 hours achievement badge

Any ideas???? :D ;)

Here a pic of blouson and some outdoor badges ...

Scout-Uniform-Positions-2018-v2_1.png

500_F_250700946_bYjrFDGVwQF2xzQE67U7dcgesGeUdlO5.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The badges, brings back Mrs Browns Boys and the youtube clip and badges. Adult content!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Meet your new trail buddy: Senor White Asparagus!

1579787125070.png

Camino scout patches may not be on the market yet, but small hat pins are ubiquitous. They weigh nothing, cost next to nothing, take up no space. I've picked up quite a few, over the years.....The problem with them is that you will want to pin them to your hat, and you will eventually lose your hat. I left my old hat and many of my hat pins on a bench near Artieda, on the Aragones, back in 2018.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You could do badges for set numbers of caminos or set numbers of different camino routes walked, or different badges for the different camino routes, or badges for the different roles played in supporting pilgrims (volunteering at albergues, or different pilgrim offices, or as ditch pig or first aid person etc.), different season you walked in, milestones in number of total kms walked on Camino or milestones in number of kms walked on a single Camino (100, 800, 1000, 1500, or more for those walking from Switzerland or Poland or Germany), or there could be ones for bicigrinos. Another option is to think of the scouting badges that show that you have mastered certain skills rather than achieved certain milestones. So we could have :sleeping in dorms skill or walking with blisters or packing light, etc.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A big badge picturing a nose. . . . "I survived alburgue snoring without being grumpy". Perhaps that is one badge that would never be seen being worn by a pilgrim.
I don’t think you would see many of them, my 75yr old father in law managed 1 night in an albergue then we move to booking.com a mixture of others snoring and his tiny bladder dictating our accommodation 🤣🤣

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.