• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

screening "Camino Voyage" 7 August in NYC

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francès (spring 2017), Via Podiensis/Le Puy to Cahors (2018)
for anyone interested, there will be a (rare) screening of the "spirited, heart-warming" documentary "Camino Voyage" (2018) on Aug 7 in NYC. I have wanted to see this for almost a year, and this is the first time I will actually BE where, and when, it's being shown. So far it's mostly been released in Ireland, and at festivals. "For hundreds of years people sailed from Ireland to A Coruña in Northern Spain and walked the camino to Santiago de Compostela from there. This inspiring crew began their own version of this historical voyage in the Naomhóg in 2014 ... in a traditional boat that they built themselves on an inspiring, and dangerous, 2,500 km modern day Celtic odyssey all the way from Ireland to Northern Spain. Starring Oscar-winning musician Glen Hansard, Traditional Irish Musician Brendan Begley, Artist Liam Holden, Stonemason Brendan-Pháid Moriarty and Writer and Poet Danny Sheehy." It's gotten great reviews.
For tickets: https://tickets.demand.film/event/8055
For the beautiful trailer: http://www.anupictures.com/project/camino/

just to note that I am in no way connected to the film, just one person who LOVES Camino documentaries and has been waiting a long time to see this one ;)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
for anyone interested, there will be a (rare) screening of the "spirited, heart-warming" documentary "Camino Voyage" (2018) on Aug 7 in NYC. I have wanted to see this for almost a year, and this is the first time I will actually BE where, and when, it's being shown. So far it's mostly been released in Ireland, and at festivals. "For hundreds of years people sailed from Ireland to A Coruña in Northern Spain and walked the camino to Santiago de Compostela from there. This inspiring crew began their own version of this historical voyage in the Naomhóg in 2014 ... in a traditional boat that they built themselves on an inspiring, and dangerous, 2,500 km modern day Celtic odyssey all the way from Ireland to Northern Spain. Starring Oscar-winning musician Glen Hansard, Traditional Irish Musician Brendan Begley, Artist Liam Holden, Stonemason Brendan-Pháid Moriarty and Writer and Poet Danny Sheehy." It's gotten great reviews.

just to note that I am in no way connected to the film, just one person who LOVES Camino documentaries and has been waiting a long time to see this one ;)

Gosh, I miss New York City.

Enjoy.

Let us know if this a must see!

Oh, I would love to see this. For those who haven’t been following, this movie documents a rowing Camino from Dublin to Santiago. One of the four tragically died after the group had arrived in Santiago, when the boat capsized.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For those in Canada, “The Camino Voyage” will show in 24 movie theatres across Canada on Monday, September 23, 2019. Here’s the link to the trailer and the Cineplex theatres where this one night special event screenings will be held. https://ca.demand.film/the-camino-voyage/
  • Tickets must be purchased online in advance. No tickets will be available at the door.
  • Each theatre must reach a certain threshold of ticket sales for the screening to go ahead – usually 50 tickets – but may depend partly on theatre capacity. 50 tickets is the minimum that must be reserved. It is not the maximum available.
  • Ticket purchasers’ credit cards are not charged until the threshold is reached and screening is confirmed.
  • Threshold date for each of these 24 Cineplex locations will be Sept 12 to reach at least 50 tickets reserved.
  • Theatre sizes vary. If tickets seem to be selling out they can request a move to a larger theatre or add a second screening if warranted and available.
  • Please share this event to help make it happen in your neighbourhood.

The voyage/Camino took three years to complete, year 4 the crew returned to row South to Porto but tragedy struck when their currach capsized on the river Minho and Danny Sheehy sadly lost his life. It is a beautiful film and well worth seeing.

I have seen this twice and it is an amazing, and emotional, film. It puts any blisters got while walking the Camino into perspective! The scenes when they eventually arrive at Santiago Cathedral will have you reaching for the tissues. Enjoy:)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Many thanks for mentioning this Hill Walker! My tickets are now reserved for the showing in my city. I LOVE Demand Films; it's like a little teaser for a Film Festival.

For those in Canada, “The Camino Voyage” will show in 24 movie theatres across Canada on Monday, September 23, 2019. Here’s the link to the trailer and the Cineplex theatres where this one night special event screenings will be held. https://ca.demand.film/the-camino-voyage/
  • Tickets must be purchased online in advance. No tickets will be available at the door.
  • Each theatre must reach a certain threshold of ticket sales for the screening to go ahead – usually 50 tickets – but may depend partly on theatre capacity. 50 tickets is the minimum that must be reserved. It is not the maximum available.
  • Ticket purchasers’ credit cards are not charged until the threshold is reached and screening is confirmed.
  • Threshold date for each of these 24 Cineplex locations will be Sept 12 to reach at least 50 tickets reserved.
  • Theatre sizes vary. If tickets seem to be selling out they can request a move to a larger theatre or add a second screening if warranted and available.
  • Please share this event to help make it happen in your neighbourhood.
Thanks for posting this...have reserved my tickets for the Scarborough showing!

Guy

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks for posting this...have reserved my tickets for the Scarborough showing!

Guy
Just received my email from Demand Films indicating this screening is on if 48 more tickets are sold...so let me see 50 required and I reserved 2...come on Toronto!!!

Guy

I can tell you now, yes it is. Of course, you can still survive if you don’t see it. I would recommend keeping your eyes on stalks for news of when it will be released in a cinema near you. If you are stuck, I have it recorded at home!

Thanks Kirkie.

Keeping my eyes on stalks new to me, but will do.

I hope that you enjoy it. It's a really beautiful film.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
American Pilgrims on the Camino is working to screen this film at the annual Gathering of Pilgrims in March 2020. Stay tuned!

Oh, I would love to see this.
Sadly you just missed it:
Here's what the website has listed:
CHICAGO FILM FESTIVAL, SUMMER SCREENINGS PROGRAM – Chicago – July 17th @ 6:30pm
But it's still coming to Houston, if you have any excuse to go down there:
IRISH NETWORK HOUSTON FALL – Houston – September 26th

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.