• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sculpture- What does this one represent? Photo taken outside of Sarria, located on municipal property.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I can't help with finding out what it is, but I can tell you that there were three similar "works of art" with the one in your photo outside the wall when Streetview went by in 2018. They were in Rúa Corga do Asno. The Sarria tourist office might know what they are. I thought they were modelled after hollow trees.

Last edited:
I can't help with finding out what it is, but I can tell you that there were three similar "works of art" with the one in your photo outside the wall when Streetview went by in 2018. They were in Rúa Corga do Asno. Tha Sarria tourist office might know what they are. I thought they were modelled after hollow trees.
They are still there. See this screenshot
Screenshot_20221203-174127_Maps.jpg

Not all art is made to represent something. Sometimes it is just about the shapes, and textures etc. themselves.

Sometimes an art piece is not a representation of something but instead reminiscent of something or a variety of things and is thus ambiguous or has layered meanings.

Sometimes an artist makes an unsuccessful representation of something and then seems to fall into one of the two above categories.
This is not an exhaustive list of the possibilities for an art piece… but it’s a fun subject to think about 🙂

A selection of Camino Jewellery
They are still there. See this screenshot
View attachment 137689
But at the bottom, it says "4 years ago". If PeggyL took her photo recently, the one in the photo has been moved to the other side of the wall in the screenshot. Perhaps the others have been moved too. You can identify which of the four is in PeggyL's photo if you go a bit further along Rúa Corga do Asno in Streetview. PeggyL's is second from the right. There is a small building behind the wall with a plaque saying "Servicios Hidráulicos del Norte de España." with the date "1958". Streetview's image is dated August 2018. PeggyL's object is still "there", but it has been moved a few metres.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my name is Xosé and I am doing a research on LGBT people who have done the Camino. I would be very grateful if you could help me through your experiences. If possible I would like to...
Can someone tell me what Spanish word is used in Spain to refer to hiking poles? Bastones? Palos? Also, as women in tv and movies generally are now referred to as "actores" rather than "actrices"...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back