• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Scuppered

Sixwheeler

Time of past OR future Camino
Was supposed to fly to Spain one week tomorrow to start from Ferrol on Tuesday 13 September, now I'm laid low by recurrence of diverticulitis after a twenty year break! Ho Hum can't go this year but it'll be there another year so I'll try again another time. Good Luck to anyone else doing the Inglés then, sorry to miss you.
Ultreïa

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm sorry to hear that Sixwheeler I hope you get over it soon I hate the antibiotics that are necessary. Before my last camino I suffered diverticulitis twice then a ruptured bowel and surgery. I was so thankful it didn't happen when I was walking. I hope that doesn't happen to you. Take care of yourself so you can be healthy and enjoy your camino when the time is right.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sorry to hear that my friend, I was supposed to be walking my Camino with my father this year, starting on Wednesday, but sadly he was hit by a bad cold and flared up some lung problems that have been dormant for a few years. That means I'm flying solo, but hopefully will meet some interesting people along the way. Make sure you rest up and get rid of it completely, and then you can start planning the next attempt.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You must have a "deflated" feeling after all the preparations... However, your preparations also mean (if you trained), that you have more strength to face this battle. Maybe there was guidance from above that way - or at least "good luck". Get well soon!

Was supposed to fly to Spain one week tomorrow to start from Ferrol on Tuesday 13 September, now I'm laid low by recurrence of diverticulitis after a twenty year break! Ho Hum can't go this year but it'll be there another year so I'll try again another time. Good Luck to anyone else doing the Inglés then, sorry to miss you.
Ultreïa
Had looked forward to being on the plane with you and hopefully travelling to Ferrol together. I can understand your disappointment but a seasoned campaigner like you will return fighting!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks everybody for your kind thoughts and wishes. I'm not in the least upset as it will be there another year and I'll be fitter then, it's hopefully just a temporary upset. Further tests in a couple of weeks and can then start planning again for when the rugby season is over. The messages I received were most uplifting.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back