• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

sdc to finestrre to muxia and back

glennb77

Time of past OR future Camino
leon-santiago (2006)
leon-santiago-finisterre (2007)
sevilla-santiago-finisterre (2008)
leon-santiago-finisterre (2009)
israel national trail (2011)
pamplona-santiago (2012)
pamplona-astorga (2013)
pamplona-leon (2014)
roncesvalles-leon (2015)
hello
i'm walkin from leon to santiago and also would walk to fisterra en muxia and back to santiago what i would like to know is whats the best way first to walk to fisterra and then to muxia to sdc or fist to muxia and then to fisterra and to sdc.i also want to know if there are good signs to follow and how long it would take to walk this way(fisterra muxia sdc).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
finesterre

Hi, I've walked on to Finesterre twice. The first time I did it in 4 days and the second time I did it in 3 days. The trail is very well marked. It's a beautiful hike and seeing the ocean after a month of walking is wonderful. The town of Finesterre itself is not that impressive. However, make sure you allow yourself time to walk up to the lighthouse. Get there in time to see the sunset. Bring food and wine. I made a fire and burned a set of my hikng clothes on the cliffs. Pilgrims gather there. It's a very special way to end the camino experience. In some ways it was just as magnificent as arriving in Santiago.

I have not gone to Muxia. I do remember that on the way to Finesterre there is a marking to take you in that direction.

I know this doesn't really answer your question but I wanted to share what I know about the route to Finesterre with you. Peace

Hi Glennb77,
I walked to Fisterra (3 days) and then on to Muxia (1 day). Waymarks and signs are good, and on the Fisterra to Muxia stage they are showing in both directions! I didn't do the Oveiroa to Muxia branch, but I think it can be done in one day. Don't know which way round is better, I kind of liked it this way, but I think if you see Fisterra as your very last destination (with the whole symbolic behind it like watching the sunset and burning your socks) then you might want to go to Muxia first?
Anyway, it will be quite different from the "crowded" Camino Frances.
Rolf

A selection of Camino Jewellery
thanxs

thanxs for the answers

Re: thanxs

Yes, it's possible to walk directly to Muxia. After Olveiroa, when you arrive to Dumbria you can choose both different options.

But I would walk to Cee, Corcubin and Fisterra and after that, to Muxia.

Two months ago has been opened a new albergue in Muxia. So, now you can sleep in Corcubion (the albergue from the AGACS), in Fisterra of course and in Muxia.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Back