• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

American Discovery Trail - Sea to Shining Sea Podcast

Dave

Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
I've just wrapped up my last two new episodes of my ADT-focused podcast, Sea to Shining Sea, at least for the next six months. Getting closer to departure for my coast-to-coast walk now--just eight days away!

Here's what I've produced thus far:
  • Episode 1 - Trailblazers: An introduction to the ADT with one of the route's co-founders and the first two people to through-hike it
  • Episode 2 - Delaware: The first in a series of episodes going state-by-state along the ADT, east to west. This episode examines the historical origins of Lewes, the starting point of the ADT, and a culinary history of the region
  • Episode 3 - Maryland & DC: A description of the route through rural eastern MD, the urban clustering between Annapolis and DC, and then the long, quiet walk along the C&O and the Potomac, plus a deep dive into Maryland history
  • Episode 4 - West Virginia: Transitioning into hill country, including a climb to Dolly Sods, and a look into the Civil War, natural resources, and labor tensions in the state's past
  • Episode 5 - Walking for a Cause: Two ADT walkers talk about the causes that inspired their walks
  • Episode 6 - Ohio: The ADT in Ohio largely follows the Buckeye Trail, a 1400-mile loop trail that passes through a series of stunning state parks and scenic areas. This episode explores highlights from those trails and then takes a closer look at the legacy of the Underground Railroad in the state
I aim to continue this at some point, once I make it back from the big walk.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back