• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Search: Dutch pension on the way Ponte de Lima

Micky

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues - in summer 2014
Dear Pelgrims,

last summer I walked from Porto till Santiago.
This year I hope to go back and provide lunch and cake to the pelgrims of this year. Therefore I'm searching for a good place (pension or B&B) on the way. Prefer for Dutch or Belgian housekeepers because of my language-skills.

My question:
I know that we walked by a house, last summer, on the way from Barcelos to Ponte de Lima, where the house-owner is Dutch. We didn't stay there, but a few Swiss-friends did. They had a really good time there and had a wonderful meal. By searching for that place, I'm a bit lost: can't find it by searching on Google.
So I hope someone stayed there and can tell me what the website or name of the Casa is?

If you stayed at another great place with Dutch or Belgian housekeepers: i'm also interested. Hope to hear from you, thank you very much!

Greet, Annelies Maris

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Do'nt know. Heard about it but remember saying something about a divorce or so.

But why not go to Casa Fernanda also in between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima.
The best place to stay on the entire caminho Português and the language is international. Last week we stayed there 3 days as hospitaleiros and were 9 nationalities. No problem at all. you will have a good time.

Groeten uit Pontevedra.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Do'nt know. Heard about it but remember saying something about a divorce or so.

But why not go to Casa Fernanda also in between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima.
The best place to stay on the entire caminho Português and the language is international. Last week we stayed there 3 days as hospitaleiros and were 9 nationalities. No problem at all. you will have a good time.

Groeten uit Pontevedra.
Found ! By coincidence. Met some German pilgrims today and one of them had a bussiness card of the place.

Veel succes er mee !image.jpg

Thank you very much!!!
I remember the name again (from the Swiss-ladies: they also got a businesscard). I'm going to e-mail him and if it doesn't work out, I check mosteirodevairao (thanks SYates!).
More suggestions for nice places to start a lunchgarden are still welcome :).

Fijne pelgrimstocht nog!

Thank you very much!!!
I remember the name again (from the Swiss-ladies: they also got a businesscard). I'm going to e-mail him and if it doesn't work out, I check mosteirodevairao (thanks SYates!).
More suggestions for nice places to start a lunchgarden are still welcome :).

Fijne pelgrimstocht nog!

Mosteiro de Vairão

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back