• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Searching an albergue to rent

mimmi.valente

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugués
Camino Francés
Hi everybody,
I'm new here :)
I walked the Portuguese way and the French way, and some other parts of Italian Caminos, I was hospitalera on the Portuguese way in July and, at the moment, I'm hospitalera on the French way till the end of October. My idea is, after this period of volunteering, to rent a car and to go around on the Camino searching for places to rent.
I've already read all the previous posts about this issue, agreeing with all your advices.
But, I'm still here to write about my question: does anybody know albergue to rent on the French way for the next season?
I will appreciate all your answers!
Gracias y buen Camino!🤗👣
Miriam

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I don't know about for rent, but albergue Orion in Castrojeriz is for sale. Maybe ask if they will rent it to you? They might if they want to move on and can't sell.

Davey
Hi Davey! Thank you for answer. I know about it, I'm hospitalera here in Orion right now and at the moment they are trying to sell, not to rent, we have talked about it ;)
Thanks!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I don't know about for rent, but albergue Orion in Castrojeriz is for sale. Maybe ask if they will rent it to you? They might if they want to move on and can't sell.

Davey
Wow, albergue Orion is a lovely place in a historic town on the Meseta. I worked there as a volunteer for a week this September. The buildings are very well looked after and in excellent condition as it was a complete refurbishment from what was there before.
20190902_112112.jpg

Wow, albergue Orion is a lovely place in a historic town on the Meseta. I worked there as a volunteer for a week this September. The buildings are very well looked after and in excellent condition as it was a complete refurbishment from what was there before.
View attachment 65950
Yes, I confirm! It's really a beautiful place!
:)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back