A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Looking for pilgrim Searching for a guy from Hungary I met at Santiago de Compostela cathedral 13 July 2018

Iosi

Camino(s) past & future
13 July (2018)
Hello all! I'm a girl from Barcelona, I just came back from the Camino and I'm trying to find a guy from Hungary I met at Santiago de Compostela cathedral july 13th 2018; he sat next to me on that bench at the cathedral, he asked for something they were announcing in spanish and he didn't understand, and asked me to type it on his phone, we had previously made eye contact during the camino and I really wanted to know him; I saw him again at the cathedral the next day, July 14th but didn't find the courage to talk to him :( He told me his name but I'm not sure of it cause it's Hungarian, might be szilárd?, I'm not even sure. Please please does somebody have crossed paths with him? He was doing the Camino with another guy, he has very blonde hair and blonde beard, wearing long pants those two days, skinny, blue eyes, I think they were leaving on July 18th from Barcelona. He might have stayed at hospederia Tarela the night of the 13th to 14th July cause I saw him on the terrace on my way to the cathedral on July 14th, I would love to find him, it's so important to me or if anyone knows ways I could find him, you're welcome too. Thanks in advance, and buen Camino to all, hope you don't miss opportunities like I did

Last edited:

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Dear Josi,

I can understand your feelings. Me, I do not exchange adresses with fellow pilgrims easily, too. Back home I often start to regret this. This year, on the prolongation to Fisterra/Muxía I met two nice men from Piacenza, Italy. They had done the Primitivo before, too, but were one day ahead of me. We met regularilay after Negreira and I talked to them several times a day, but was too reluctant to spend an evening with them or to ask for their full name and adress. As we had our flight back from Santiago almost at the same time, I always thought, there should be enough time left to make closer acquaintance at the Airport while waiting for our flights. And really, we met again before our the check-in. But it seems that they got changed to an earlier flight then and so I missed the opportunity and now I regret....

Your camino friend is still in Spain and you seem to remember on which day his flight back home leaves from Barcelona. As you live in Barcelona you could try to find out at which time his flight is supposed to leave and wait for him at the Airport. I hope you will be successful.

BC
Alexandra

Iosi

Camino(s) past & future
13 July (2018)
Thank you so much Alexandra, that's an idea, I might do some research on that. Maybe you too can search for their names on social media and try to find them out, I'm not even sure of his name...
Wishing you the best
Sincerely,
Iosi

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo
Even IF someone had his information, I for one would never divulge someone's identity and contact information with that person's consent. But I can appreciate your desire to reconnect.....

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Even IF someone had his information, I for one would never divulge someone's identity and contact information with that person's consent. But I can appreciate your desire to reconnect.....
You don't have to. You just let "the Hungarian guy" know that someone is looking out for him.

It's just a little help. If you can't help you don't have to post anything, you know...

Iosi

Camino(s) past & future
13 July (2018)
Of course I wouldn't expect or want anybody to exchange that info without consent, as kinkyone said, just letting him know that I would like to reconnect, that's all. There are ways to do it without posting private info to the public

LGLG

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP - Finisterre (2005) ; LePuy - Muxia (2007) ; Porto - SC. (2009) planning Lourdes- SC (2018)
Just a note, looking at it from the other side. In case you are not successful with your search, just know that those connections you make on the Camino are very significant in spirit, even if you never see or hear from those people again. I travelled solo on my first Camino Frances now ages ago, it seems. I made a lot of meaningful connections, some lasting a few days, and others only for a few hours. For someone with general weak memory and a mountain of travel experience which blur into another, or even have largely escaped from my mind, it is fascinating to see how each single one of these Camino encounters has been permanently engraved into my heart. These people still pop into mind spontaneously, providing me with another opportunity to send them my best wishes, gratitude and love.

Camino(s) past & future
C. Frances, Norte, Ingles, Primitivo, Aragones, Vasco, SanSalvador, Fisterre, Muxia - more than once
Iosi! I have just arrived home but have not met the guy you are looking for. However, the name Szilárd IS a Hungarian name.
Good luck!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%