• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Searching for GPS map for GPS viewer for Portuguese Coastal route

pattipeep

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal Route
I’m a bit confused. I’ve downloaded the GPS viewer. Do I now need a download file for the map itself so I can view offline? Where do I get that file? Many thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi pattipeep!
Download GPX, KML tracks from here::
https://www.santiago.nl/downloads/ option to translate from Dutch at top of webpage!
You need offline map app like Osmand (uses GPX) or Maps me (uses KML)or the like!
Download GPX track from the website to your computer send an email to yourself on phone/tablet with the GPX file as attachment !
Open the file in the email on your phone /tablet and you should be asked where you want to open it ,if you have the above two apps for example choose your favourite app!
Gpx viewer should open it in the map app OSMAND!
Or alternatively KML file for Maps me/Google Earth!
If it doesn't check the download manager!
Well that's what i did for my coastal i am no expert!
(In Osmand which is what i used (it has voice navigation for walking and lots of other choices like add direction arrows,avoid steps, shows street lighting, transport, accommodation ,cafes etc) download all Caminos in Portugal and in the navigation options FOLLOW TRACK it gives them all as individual tracks choose COASTAL!)
Hope this helps: others are more tech savvy than me:) but you will defo get help.

Buen Camino
Woody

Last edited:
I’m a bit confused. I’ve downloaded the GPS viewer. Do I now need a download file for the map itself so I can view offline? Where do I get that file? Many thanks.
Hi pattipeep,
We used the ninja app it was super especially when we got lost and was available offline.
Such as gorgeous walk enjoy every minute it went far too quickly x

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Meo Drive is a very good Portugal map app just in case you get lost.

Ninja app or Wise Pilgrim or Buen Camino have really simple GPS maps that will pinpoint exactly where you are. They are all free and have lots more information. Really easy to use.

if you need a map for your GPS so that you manage offline, try this page

and download the map titled
SpanienSpanien, Portugal, Balearen

it is a great map, actually, highly detailed, and it includes the whole Iberian peninsula, Portugal and continental Spain

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi pattipeep,
We used the ninja app it was super especially when we got lost and was available offline.
Such as gorgeous walk enjoy every minute it went far too quickly x

Ninja app or Wise Pilgrim or Buen Camino have really simple GPS maps that will pinpoint exactly where you are. They are all free and have lots more information. Really easy to use.
Yup. There are free and easy to use Camino apps with the GPS tracks built in plus information about towns and accommodations along the Camino. No need to overcomplicate things!

Lots of good suggestions. I used Ride with GPS for Portuguese from Lisbon. It was excellent.

Yup. There are free and easy to use Camino apps with the GPS tracks built in plus information about towns and accommodations along the Camino. No need to overcomplicate things!

You sure got all that right. SImplicity is a beautiful thing. One of the most valuable lessons the Camino has taught me. So much less is so, so much more.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.