• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Seasons Greetings for 2020

BobM

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
V Frances; V Podensis; V Francigena; V Portugues; V Francigena del Sud; Jakobsweg. Jaffa - Jerusalem
Best wishes to Ivar and to all of us who have found this forum to be such a wonderful resource and a source of practical help and a supportive shoulder to lean on - not only in this COVID year, but for many years.

My thoughts are with so many individuals on this forum who have been both a help and a solace to me over the years as I trudged paths both physical and mental in my travels and searches along the pilgrim ways of Europe and Israel.

COVID and lockdowns in Melbourne have not been all negative for me in 2020. I have learnt how to cut my own hair: very short, like shearing a sheep. 👨‍🦲🐏. I have discovered that there are actually enjoyable walks to be done in my home state of Victoria.🚶‍♂️ 🐦🦘🐧. My pantry is stacked to the ceiling with toilet paper and canned food to last a year,🍸🍾 so I can hunker down for a year and see COVID off. What's not to like?

Anyway, take care everyone and let's hope for a better 2021.

Bob M

Xmas Candle.png

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, best wishes to all on this forum and especially to Ivar for providing the platform. I'm from regional Victoria, so the lockdown wasn't as severe for me, but the forum has brought back many pleasant memory's of my times spent in Europe and my heart goes out to those that are going through tough times. Hopefully 2021 will be a much better year and we can all get back to some sort of normal.
Colin

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Season’s Greetings, Happy Kwanzaa! Holiday Greeting’s to all during this festive and blessed season!

Stay safe, stay home, get the vaccine and we will celebrate, alive and healthy, on the path to Santiago!

Last edited:
“We will be known forever by the tracks we leave” a Dakota native saying.
Thank you all, especially Ivar, for your tracks.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.