• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Seat61. doesn't get any better

• Thread starter Deleted member 43780
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 43780

This is one of the best, if not the best, travel pages!

https://www.seat61.com/index.html

This site explains how to travel comfortably & affordably by train or ferry where you might think air was now the only option. For help with train travel, ask the Man in Seat 61

Take a look around this page and you will be hooked on it!

Not only useful for Europe but world wide. Love the Australia information.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
He also responds promptly to a query, so there is excellent “after sales service”!

I had a problem when reserving a seat on a train in Italy, and I advised him about it.

He thoughtfully came back with his comments on what had happened.
Jill

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I like that he asks for a donation - for UNICEF in Syria. Make sure me want to contribute even without using the site before today.

Could not agree more!!!!
I've been using his site for nearly ten years and when we (as quite a spur-of-the-moment thing) decided to walk, I turned to his site first. Yes, before even finding this forum. From Seat61 I determined our timings, start point, rail connections and ferry crossing. What's especially reassuring is that everything I planned based on his advice is exactly as the experienced here would recommend.

The Man In Seat61 guided our family from Singapore to Istanbul entirely overland. Between him and rome2rio you can go anywhere!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back