• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Second day-in Zubiri

Kerstinh47

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 16 May - 29 June, 2014
What a beautiful mess, what a beautiful mess...... Second day in -Camino Frances.
I decided to have a single room tonight to handle lingering jet lag and unforeseen fears...and my new-found camino friends are just what I've been looking for; kind, compassionate, beautiful souls-each doing their own journey, but willing to assist in mine as it warrants. 1st personal lesson for me - accept offers of help openly and willingly ❤️
Secondly- my need to interact with others on a soul-level; with intimate conversation regardless if language barriers is not just met -it exceeds. So, with blisters and a sore knee tended to I humbly offer a nod to grace. Amen.ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400445218.256939.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400445234.689770.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
What a beautiful mess, what a beautiful mess...... Second day in -Camino Frances.
I decided to have a single room tonight to handle lingering jet lag and unforeseen fears...and my new-found camino friends are just what I've been looking for; kind, compassionate, beautiful souls-each doing their own journey, but willing to assist in mine as it warrants. 1st personal lesson for me - accept offers of help openly and willingly ❤️
Secondly- my need to interact with others on a soul-level; with intimate conversation regardless if language barriers is not just met -it exceeds. So, with blisters and a sore knee tended to I humbly offer a nod to grace. Amen.View attachment 10030View attachment 10031
Beautiful words about your journey. Please keep us posted on your progress. We will send healing prayers to you. We kind of hang on everyone's words at the moment as we look forward to going and try to keep up the momentum of training.

Thanks for your comments ❤️. Still walking; today I've stopped in Sansol, just about 6k out of Los Arcos. There is a new albergue that is just lovely - opened 2 weeks ago. 16 bds (or roughly there about) lovely bar, dining area & garden =). I'm stronger in body & spirit each day; and so very thankful to be here only camino! ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1401033948.303403.jpg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The photo is approaching Sansol.
Great to hear you are feeling stronger. I felt just the opposite tonight as my body hurts from a training walk this morning and I fell asleep straight after tea and started the "what on Earth do you want to do this for" routine with myself !! Pulled myself up and on to the computer and here is what it is all about - beautiful photos and people out there having a go. Thanks Kerstinh47 and Oz Larry.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Life can be hard and the camino is, as we all know, a metaphor for life. I think of the cold wind and rain yesterday as we made our way down from Ventosa, I think of the cold room that we shivered in, in the Alburgue and the electric switches hanging off the wall. Today the sun shone, today the walk was beautiful, today we sleep in the Parador it is beautiful too what a difference a day makes. I am so happy I might write a song with that as it's title, what do you think.

Good to hear about the new albergue in Sansol - it needed one.

Thanks for your comments ❤️. Still walking; today I've stopped in Sansol, just about 6k out of Los Arcos. There is a new albergue that is just lovely - opened 2 weeks ago. 16 bds (or roughly there about) lovely bar, dining area & garden =). I'm stronger in body & spirit each day; and so very thankful to be here only camino! View attachment 10224
Great photos. Don't be shy about posting more!
Buen Camino

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Life can be hard and the camino is, as we all know, a metaphor for life. I think of the cold wind and rain yesterday as we made our way down from Ventosa, I think of the cold room that we shivered in, in the Alburgue and the electric switches hanging off the wall. Today the sun shone, today the walk was beautiful, today we sleep in the Parador it is beautiful too what a difference a day makes. I am so happy I might write a song with that as it's title, what do you think.

Oops, I meant to write what a difference a day makes indeed!

ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1401287734.564117.jpg As El CID would say forward ever forward ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1401287827.657389.jpg no matter how rocky the road ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1401287868.265704.jpg as there is always someone with a smile to encourage you no matter how ragged you are

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Larry are you walking this or trying to be Martin Sheen Hope your place tonight is as good as ours see you somewhere tomorrow

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back