Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

Secular pilgrims: why ancient trails still pack a spiritual punch

peregrino_tom

Year of past OR future Camino
Nice little piece in the Observer/Guardian this morning
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...y-ancient-trails-still-pack-a-spiritual-punch

Covers ground that we frequently walk on this forum, but drawing in some interesting far-flung examples. I hadn't heard of that Camino Del Norte in Chimayo, New Mexico. Wondered if any of our US compadres know it.

The item is written by Peter Stanford (I found one reference to him in 2010 using the forum search function)
Looks like he has a new book out called Journeys of Meaning

PS Guardian is getting stricter on releasing articles to folks not logged in - currently they change the access on different days. You may need to log in

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

trecile

Camino Addict
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)

mspath

Veteran Member
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...y-ancient-trails-still-pack-a-spiritual-punch

Covers ground that we frequently walk on this forum, but drawing in some interesting far-flung examples. I hadn't heard of that Camino Del Norte in Chimayo, New Mexico. Wondered if any of our US compadres know it.

The item is written by Peter Stanford (I found one reference to him in 2010 using the forum search function)

PS Guardian is getting stricter on releasing articles to folks not logged in - currently they change the access on different days. You may need to log in
Thanks for this link. It will perfect for browsing/dreaming later today. One American who has walked to Chimayo is Anne Sieben, the Winter Pilgrim . See her blog;
http://winterpilgrim.blogspot.com/p/day-by-day-saint-louis-to-chimayo.html?m=1

gollygolly

2000, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Thanks for posting the ink to the Observer/Guardian article. The article mentions the island of Shikoku and the pilgrimage route Shikoku Henro passing the 88 temples that make up that route, though there is no mention of the Kumano Kodo, another pilgrimage route in Japan that is also 'twinned' with the Camino de Santiago.

Also omitted is mention of the Pilgrims Way from Winchester Cathedral to Canterbury Cathedral, which I personally believe to be a very beautiful and uplifting walk. For those interested, suggest commencing at Salisbury Cathedral, passing via Winchester before setting off for Canterbury Cathedral.

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads