• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

See you in Conques on July 21

BobM

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
V Frances; V Podensis; V Francigena; V Portugues; V Francigena del Sud; Jakobsweg. Jaffa - Jerusalem
I will be starting from Conques on July 21. Best wishes to others who may be starting on the same day. I am sure we will see each other - even if we may not recognise each other :D

BTW, I will be taking the route to Livinhac-le-Haut on day 1, avoiding the descent to Decazeville and then the climb out.

Are there any navigational issues to be aware of on that route? MMD shows the route, but there are a couple of places where one could go wrong - eg about 1 km outside Conques, and also about 5 km after Noailhac).

Regards

Bob M

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Bob
We walked that route last year with only the mmdd to guide us and did not have any problem. As long as you are aware roughly of where the turn offs are you'll be fine. As far as I remember the turn off for Noailhac was pretty clearly marked all the way before and after Noailhac. . If you look at the map in the mmdd there is a spot where there is a junction of several roads/lanes and a crossing over a stream about 3 km after Noailhac. That is the only spot that I remember hesitating and with the aid of the map in the book we took the right road. After that, as far as I remember, you just have to stick to the road that you are on and don't take the turn off to the left to Decazeville which I think is up a narrow track, but stick to the road you are on. I am very envious of you, and would love to be heading that way myself. Enjoy.

Anna

irishpilgrim said:
As far as I remember the turn off for Noailhac was pretty clearly marked all the way before and after Noailhac. . If you look at the map in the mmdd there is a spot where there is a junction of several roads/lanes and a crossing over a stream about 3 km after Noailhac. That is the only spot that I remember hesitating and with the aid of the map in the book we took the right road. After that, as far as I remember, you just have to stick to the road that you are on and don't take the turn off to the left to Decazeville which I think is up a narrow track

Thx, Anna. That's very useful information.

Regards

Bob M

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back