• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Seeking Camino spreadsheets for accommodations from Le Puy France!

StephK

Time of past OR future Camino
July 1st 2023
Hello! I am new to this Forum and will be hiking my first Camino from Le Puy on July for a couple weeks. I was told that there were some great spreadsheets with accommodations Written by a Rob and a Steve. I can not for the life of me find these and am struggling to navigate the forum. if anyone could post these spreadsheets for me if you have have them id very much appreciate that.
Another question is we are planning on booking the first 5 days however were going to book as we went after that. can anyone give me some updates on current conditions and if we are needing to book way in advance or will we be ok booking as we go on this section starting in Le Puy? Thank you so much!

Steph

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This might work--pasted from the Other Caminos/France/Le Puy

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
On our last Camino in Sept 2022 we started in LePuy and walked for six glorious days. Just a wonderful time, beautiful country. These are the Gite in which we stayed. They were all great. We spoke no French and got along fine. The first night in Montbonnet no one spoke English. But Google translate took care of things Buen Camino. From Nasbinals we took public transport to SJPP and then walked to Santiago. Great trip.

Arrive in Paris train to LePuyAccueil Saint George Grand Seminaire
Stay in LePuy
Montbonnet
17.1​
Gite La 1ere etape
Monistrol-d'Allier
14.3​
Le Repos du Pelerin
LaClauze
20.3​
Au Repos d'antan
SaintAlban
25.5​
Les Drailles de la Mageride
Lasbros
22.2​
Gîte Chez Marie en Aubrac
Nasbinals/Montgros
19.6​
La Maison de Rosalie (Montgros)

I picked up a copy of Miam-miam- dodo for Podiensis (and the other routes through France) there is an App now as far as I know. Mine was a little out of date at the time but got me through ok and a great help with booking accommodation in advance...

Hello! I am new to this Forum and will be hiking my first Camino from Le Puy on July for a couple weeks. I was told that there were some great spreadsheets with accommodations Written by a Rob and a Steve. I can not for the life of me find these and am struggling to navigate the forum. if anyone could post these spreadsheets for me if you have have them id very much appreciate that.
Another question is we are planning on booking the first 5 days however were going to book as we went after that. can anyone give me some updates on current conditions and if we are needing to book way in advance or will we be ok booking as we go on this section starting in Le Puy? Thank you so much!

Steph
Gronze is also good for this route https://www.gronze.com/camino-santiago-le-puy

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
On the site "Camino - Via Podiensis - GR65 - Chemin du Puy-en-Velay", Rob Forrester has just updated the New Guide for 2023. It includes all the Gites, what is available for eats, costs estimates and so much more. For a small donativo you can download it to your phone. It is priceless!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.