• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Seeking English-speaking Priest for wedding! 3 May 2014

jennylee120

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2014
Hello,

I'm writing as we are in the process of organising our wedding, which will take place in the corticela (chapel) of the Cathedral of Santiago next year, on Saturday 3 May 2014. We will be doing the Camino Frances and finishing up by getting married, I'm so excited!

We are both UK residents and we have so far been successful in preparing all of our paperwork (marriage preparation, certificates of identity and freedom to marry etc), which has thankfully been approved by the Bishop's office over in Spain.

I'm in touch with a very helpful Priest at the corticela who speaks limited English. He says that we have the option to have the ceremony in Spanish, bilingual (saying the vows in English), or to find an English-speaking priest to help us with the ceremony.

I therefore thought I'd come to this forum to ask for your help in finding an English-speaking priest who is planning to be in the city on this date! I know that it's a long shot, so I thought that if I post this now, we still have many months to find someone!

I'd be very grateful to hear from anyone with any advice at all.

Thanks,

Jenny x

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hola Jenny

I hope we can help. Only yesterday we decided to extend the model of the Amigos Welcome service (http://johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot. ... os-of.html)
to also include English speaking priests who will come to Santiago as volunteers to provide a ministry to English speaking pilgrims.

We are going to start with Mass in English everyday in the cathedral + the sacrament of Reconciliation. The priest will also be available for one to one sessions.

The first of them arrives on 21 July this year and by next May I hope that we have cover for the full season. E mail me please (address on my blog) and we can stay in touch as this develops.

Of course any priests reading this will also be very welcome to apply. It works in the same way as the Amigos Service - accommodation and basic groceries are provided and the volunteers pay for everything else. Anyone interested should e mail me with the dates they are available and the name and address of their Bishop or Superior who can attest to their good standing.

Best regards

John

This is wonderful news. Although I have always enjoyed the services my Spanish is very limited. It would make the service really special if, after walking so far, there was a special word in my language.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This is very good news John.

thanks

Andy

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back