• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Seeking Melbourne siblings

Scarlet Fez

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2016, Portuguese 2017, Del Norde 2018
During my recent Camino Frances from 17th September at Espinal I had the pleasure for a week or so of walking with a Melbourne family, 3 sisters Christine, Janet, Lynette and their brother Mike who like me can be called shall we say middle aged. They had already spent a lot of time in Europe including their Hungarian fathers hometown etc. They were just doing the first week of the Frances route then bussing it to the last week into Santiago. We swapped names, etc but I have managed to lose the bit of paper. Their surname although originally Hungarian sounded more German, similar to Hasstler. If anyone knows of them can you please PM me a means of contacting them. I have photos of them I'm sure they would love to see etc, Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola Fez - do you mean that they live in Melbourne (Australia?), if so you might post on the Australian page. Someone from Oz might know of this family. Our Camino grapevine is pretty active. Good luck!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for the advise I have copied the thread to the 'Down Under' type section.
Now to look for the thread that deals with Post Camino Blues!! Streuth.

Hi Scarlet Fez,
Go to www.meetup.com/Camino-Community/
This is the site for the camino group in Melbourne. Click on members for the member list or contact Joanne Cashman at this site. Joanne is also a member of this forum (go to search panelat top of this page). Joanne is also on facebook and easy to find as her posts are all about the camino. Joanne is easily your best contact. Good luck

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Scarlet Fez,
Go to www.meetup.com/Camino-Community/
This is the site for the camino group in Melbourne. Click on members for the member list or contact Joanne Cashman at this site. Joanne is also a member of this forum (go to search panelat top of this page). Joanne is also on facebook and easy to find as her posts are all about the camino. Joanne is easily your best contact. Good luck

Cheers Dave I'll give it a go.

Hi Scarlet Fez. Today I sent out the monthly newsletter for Camino Community in Melbourne which included an article (with your photos) about your search to find your Camino Family. Hopefully I will be intouch with some news.. fingers cross.. :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Joanne thanks for putting my enquiry in the Melbourne Camino Community Newsletter. Alas no success at all which I have to say surprised me. The siblings were all very sociable and known by many. Its weird as around the 15/16 th of September it seemed half Melbourne was on the Camino.

Oh well, 20 months down the line and I am setting off hopefully soon to walk the Del Norte. New experiences, meet new friends. It also just reminds me of the Melbourne Siblings and I kind of still find it odd I was never able to find them.
It's not the end of the world but during the early stages of my first Camino they played an important part in the first 5/6 days we walked together.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Was viewing my Camino photos this week and considering a new Camino Aventure. Made me think of the Aussie Siblings who I was never able to find.

Maybe I'll try again via FB..

Hola Scarlet Fez, your recent post came into my email feed... I will be sending out another newsletter via Camino Community in Melbourne so I will try again to reach out and find your Camino siblings. I know how hard it would be not to be able to reconnect with the 3 sisters and brother.

If I hear back from someone I will contact you.
Regards
Joanne Cashman
www.caminocommunityinmelbourne.com.au

Hi Joanne, thanks for that. It's not the end of the world not been able to contact them, but as anyone who has done the whole or even part of the Camino my period of time with them was all part of the wonderful experience.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back