• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Seeking reasonable cost hotel Pamplona

Merge

Time of past OR future Camino
May/June (2017)
Coming into Pamplona tomorrow. Seems I've picked up a cough and feeling under the weather and thinking a couple days (non albergue) rest may be in order...also finding pharmacy for cough meds. Any suggestions? Thanks

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Merge.
If you wish I can help you on your arrival in Pamplona.
I am at your disposal to pick you up at the point where you arrive, train, bus station or airport. And accompany you the first hours in Pamplona to facilitate your accommodation in our city.

Hi,
I am staying at a great Airbnb room for $16 less than 10 m I Nutella walk from main square. I highly recommend this room under name Monica. Several other pilgrims here. Good bed, shared bath, safe and quiet.
Buen Camino! Hope you heal soon,
Rich

Coming into Pamplona tomorrow. Seems I've picked up a cough and feeling under the weather and thinking a couple days (non albergue) rest may be in order...also finding pharmacy for cough meds. Any suggestions? Thanks

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Merge.
I am at your disposal to pick you up at the point where you arrive, train, bus station or airport. And accompany you the first hours in Pamplona to facilitate your accommodation in our city.
Thank you so much. We are booked at hotel eslava. Looks to be just a short distance from the Camino . Will find a pharmacy after we arrive. Sure appreciate your kind offer. If anything chance. May post another reply.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just me maybe - when walking and I got into the really big towns I used to book a hotel and stay for a couple of nights. I simply got a milky coffee in one of the local bars the day that I arrived and then looked for the best deals on (dare I say it) booking.com. Had some really good very reasonable stays - if all else fails then their was always the Albergue :)

Been mostly in bed since arriving at hotel eslava yesterday around noon. Lots of liquids, not much appetite, Spanish version of alka seller plus, a liter of orange juice, and 2 hot steamy showers. Feeling much better but not 100%. My colds hardly ever turn to chest colds, but this one sure did. Hubby ventured out today and got sim cards for our phones and we're going to venture out for supper in a bit. Things are looking up☺. Thanks to all for well wishes and help. Hopefully avoided having to find a place for antibiotics or medical care!

Hi Merge.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I thought I would be feeling well enough to start walking again today, but decided against it. Do you know of anywhere close to the hotel eslava where I might be able to get some antibiotics for my chest cold? I feel now that may be in order. Thank you so much.

Hi Merge, just checking something. When I walked the Frances I also developed a chest problem but it was the result of the springtime blooming of fields of oil seed rape and my allergy to the pollen. If you are not allergic then the following farmacias are not far from you: Farmacia Garale, Calle Curia, near the Cathedral and Farmacia Sanchez Ostiz Gutierrez on Calle San Saturnino, near the Town Hall. Someone there will speak English or be able to use Google translate to get what you want. Wishing you well. buen camino!

Went to pharmacy down street. Between Google translate and me coughing, the pharmacist was kind enough to sell me a 3 day Z-Pack ( in USA they are 5 day). Seems same overall total dosage. Hubby just went out sightseeing and one more day of rest here. Again, thanks to all who have responded to my thread. Less scary being sick in a foreign country when there are people online to help.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Merge.
I have just arrived home and I have seen your message, I am glad that you have already solved your health problem.
Take care and Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.