• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Segovia to Ane

kardisa

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - Leon to Santiago (2015)
Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo (2017)
I just completed Day 3 of my Camino de Madrid, and am absolutely knackered after the mountain crossing from Cercedilla. It turns out that Roman roads are beautiful to look at, but hard to walk on. :)

That said, I'm thinking of taking a rest day tomorrow by stopping in Ane- a short 21km from Segovia (I've averaged 33km). My question is this: where is the last place I'll be able to buy food for the evening/ breakfast the next day? Do I need to go shopping before i leave Segovia, or can i buy supplies closer to my destination?

Thanks in advance!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi! There is really nothing in Ane. The bar only opens at the weekend, I think your last place for buying food would be Zamarramala but the shop there is only small.
If you are in Segovia at the moment why don't you spend more time there tomorrow and then just walk on to Zamarramala, then Santa Maria de la Nieve, though, having said that, when I got to Sta Maria on a Saturday the shops were already closed so it is probably wise to make sure you do a good shop in Segovia!!
Buen camino, it really is a lovely walk, though a bit warm at the moment I imagine :)

If you are in Segovia at the moment why don't you spend more time there tomorrow and then just walk on to Zamarramala, then Santa Maria de la Nieve.
Ooh...now there's an idea. I'll have to seriously look into that, although I worry how is occupy my time getting into Zamarramala so early. I guess doing laundry wouldn't hurt!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Was there in April. There's nothing in Ane. I had my own packed sandwich lunch there and walked on to Santa Maria de la Nieve with two others. The only person who stayed there was a French guy and the only reason is that he fast every Friday so there was no need for him to find food as it was a Friday. You can do shorter stage later on this route.

If you still decide to stay in Ane, you really have to get food in Segovia. When I walked to Zamarramala it looks really small. I think there is a bar there but didn't see it when I passed.

Zamarramala has 2 bars and a little shop, the albergue is really well equipped, but it is a small town. I had a cup of coffee in Ane and they were chopping potatoes so I think they do food in the bar but only at the weekend, not much good on a Friday! By Friday it is worth thinking seriously about food shopping as the possibilities over the weekend are not good, the 2 shops in Sta Maria both seem to close at lunch time on Saturday, surprising as it is a decent size town.

I just completed Day 3 of my Camino de Madrid, and am absolutely knackered after the mountain crossing from Cercedilla. It turns out that Roman roads are beautiful to look at, but hard to walk on. :)

That said, I'm thinking of taking a rest day tomorrow by stopping in Ane- a short 21km from Segovia (I've averaged 33km). My question is this: where is the last place I'll be able to buy food for the evening/ breakfast the next day? Do I need to go shopping before i leave Segovia, or can i buy supplies closer to my destination?

Thanks in advance!
Not bad suggestion to take another day in Segovia (plenty to see) and stay next night at Zamarramala. As already said 2 bars and small but completely adequate tienda.

Next shop is in Valseca on main street. Turn right when you come to it (there's a really small rest area with fuente at this point) and you'll see it on the left side. If I remember correctly it's opposite the pharmacy. But the Camino goes straight across the main street.

From my material in 2014 there should also be a shop in Los Huertos but I didn't go in search for it because I thought the bar in Ane would be opened. My mistake.

Enjoy Segovia and this beautiful Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@kardisa Delighted you are underway! I hope you will enjoy as much as I did, even though my trip was abbreviated! I hope to get back and finish later in the year.
Everyone has said what I would say about Añe. It is a nice enough little place, and the albergue is fine, just no services during the week.
I would also support taking extra time in Segovia, if you find mooching around a city interesting! ;)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back