• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Segway

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
No! Unless you count starting in Paris as being part of a camino!
I did a night tour of Paris on a Segway in 2004 before walking to Spain.
They are GREAT fun!!

Attachments

• Segway in Paris.JPG
    Segway in Paris.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,033
I saw this one parked in a reception in Santiago.
off-rad-segway-camino-de-santiago.jpg

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/2009/06/ ... ompostela/

:)
Ivar

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The X2 is the off-road model and the one most suited for a Camino!

I don't think I'd like to try it on some of the muddy, rocky, steep camino paths!

Attachments

• Muddy path.jpg
    Muddy path.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 924
  • Piedra-piedra.JPG
    Piedra-piedra.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 925
  • Torrent course.jpg
    Torrent course.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 927
The concept would be more like following bicycle routes used by road bikes, not mountain bikes. The sales pitch is that the X2 can traverse hills, rocky paths, grass, and roads. I am interested in verifying the sales pitch! Other problems would be the 20 km range on a charge (probably the maximum range for a 160 pound rider on level terrain), entrance to albergues (since one would not be on foot or a self-powered bicycle), and the speed of recharging (and cost) in bars and hostals.

Still, it is an interesting thought for aging knees and ankles ...

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If I can't get my right knee in shape this would be a fun alternative. I can just think of how it would be careening down the mountain into Roncevalle, screaming at the top of my lungs that I have lost control of the thing.

20 k is rather limited assuming that is only available at/on flat surfaces.

It is not a Segway, but it is close:
Camino de Santiago
rallyBiscouter.jpg

The 'Camino de Santiago in Biscúter' continues its route from Leon
09.03.2014| Entertainment

The Camino de Santiago in Biscúter that made his departure today dese Leon, is an initiative organized by the Classic Motor Club Bagés and Roncesvalles departed earlier this week.

The Councillor for Tourism, Sara Gomez, was commissioned to receive the members of this association who just celebrate twenty-five years since its founding.

The Biscúter (also known as 'shoe') is a microcar that was made in Spain in the middle of the last century.Its origin dates back to the 40s in France when Gabriel Voisin, diseñadorde aircraft and holder of the prestigious fa'brica car of the same name mínmo designed a car called bi-scooter.

Having experienced scooter traffic on sidewalks and alley ways in cities such as Granada and Alicante ... I would hope the use of biscúter is not encouraged on the camino ...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back