• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

REFERENCE: Selection of good threads about the Camino Francés

C clearly

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012
This thread will be pinned to the top of the Camino Francés forum. (You can find the list of all route forums by clicking on the Casa Ivar logo at the top of this page.) All threads are listed in each forum with newest ones first.

You might might that the following links are useful for finding particular information. These links collect tagged threads from the Camino Francés forum. They are updated in the future every time you use them.

Moderator Picks - Some moderator favourites

Art & Architecture on the Camino Francés

Fiestas, Holidays and Markets - Special days and events

Hazards - Traffic, dogs, river crossing, steep slopes, heights, etc.

How to get to St. Jean Pied de Port - If you are planning to walk 800 km from the French border to Santiago

How to get to Sarria - If you want to start walking there, 115 km to Santiago.

Landmarks - Interpreting the word broadly!

LIVE from the Camino - Written by the pilgrims at the time of walking, so check the dates!

Side trips and route variants - A few of the many route variants along the Camino Francés

St Jean Pied de Port (SJPP) to Roncesvalles - This is often Day 1! Discussion of the 2 alternate routes, and also the accommodation options in SJPP, Roncesvalles, and points in-between.

Winter albergues - The linked page is updated in November each year, to list the albergues on the Camino Francés that will be open over the winter. It is still advisable to check at the time of walking, because circumstances can change. Also please note that the Napoleon route from SJPP to Roncesvalles is closed from Nov 1 to at least March 31 every year.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
These links collect tagged threads from the Camino Francés forum.
Thanks so much for all the work you have done to organize this! Having this information grouped into topics will make it easier for new and experienced users alike to find the information they need. What a treasure trove for all of us!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back