• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Selling our MTB bikes at Santiago de Compostela

Marta-marchii

Time of past OR future Camino
Hola, ciao, hello! :)

As our trip to Santiago is coming to the end, we would like to offer our two lovely companions: Rockrider bikes that served us wonderfully all the way from Gijon. They are very dear to us, but it is time we pass them to someone that would take good care of our MTB rockstars:

+ bought new in Decathlon last week "Rockrider 340",
+ frame sizes: M (black) and L (orange),
+ one with regular, one with disc brakes,
+ have all the warranty documents,
+ plus back rack, panniers (bags),
+ bottle holder,
+ bell,
+ front and back flashlights,
+ locker with 3 keys,
+ two 26" spare tubes.

You can get each bike for 200€ or both for 350€.
Discount if you bring bananas :)

Attachments

• IMG-20171019-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20171019-WA0012.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 1,388
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi!
Thank you for the reply.
Great that you have researched the webpage, maybe you could send me the link aswell? Otherwise I might have paid too much here in Spain.
Anyways, could you please be so kind and also share those donation places you mentioned?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Dear gentelmen!

Thank you for the helpful tips.
Also, FYI there is a difference between euros and pounds.

Just to be clear, the orange one with disc brakes was for 199eur.
https://www.decathlon.es/bicicleta-de-montaa-rockrider-340-ltd-naranja-26--id_8396173.html

Anyhow, if there is a keen bike rider in Santiago who needs the bikes, we will give a very good discount.
Of course, we support charity aswell, but we need some money to get back to our home in Ucraine.

Peace and love!
Marta

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you DO decide to donate the bicycles, I recommend you take them to Pilgrim House at Rua Nova 19. Open from 1100 to 2000, except Wednesday and Sunday, they run a very good "donativo."

It is open to all pilgrims and local folks who need something they have. They will repair, adjust and take care of anything you donate to them.

Lately, I have taken to checking a second piece of luggage when I am flying into Santiago, so I can donate there, where it is more needed than my local Goodwill or Salvation Army. This is especially true of any item that has "camino value."

I hope this helps.

If you dont want to lose so much money on these 2 virtually new bikes with equipment, then these people ......www.cyclingthecamino.com .....will pack and ship your bikes back home for you if you would like to keep them .
There are so many bikes left in Santiago ( including 2 by me ) that it is very difficult to sell a bike for anything like its true value .
I left 1 bike with a hotel porter ( he offered 10 e for it ) so i said just have it for nothing , and the next year i left my bike with the people at the pilgrims office . When i took my bike to their storage basement there must have been 60 or 70 bikes already there .

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back