Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sellos on the Invierno

Clarky19

Wandering & wondering
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Invierno 2019
Hi, I've seen several places mention the need for 2 sellos as you go along in the last 100 kms of the Camino. Can anyone advise me if this means two different places per town or one from at least two different towns per day? Thank you!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, I've seen several places mention the need for 2 sellos as you go along in the last 100 kms of the Camino. Can anyone advise me if this means two different places per town or one from at least two different towns per day? Thank you!
The Pilgrims Office requires you to evidence that you have walked, at least, the final 100kms into Santiago if you wish to claim a Compostella. It is customary, and easy, to obtain 1 sello from your place of accommodation and at least one more during the walking day. Shops, Bars, Town Halls, Churches (if you can find one open) are good sources.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Can anyone advise me if this means two different places per town or one from at least two different towns per day?
On the Invierno, you will not be able to be fussy. At Chantada and beyond, just get them wherever you can. Until you reach the Sanbres, you won't have a huge amount of choice in the matter.

Thanks for all the advice. So, if I understand correctly, when I pass through one of the towns more frequently mentioned on the stages I should just ask where or if I can get a sello, if places are open.

Thank you.

Thanks for all the advice. So, if I understand correctly, when I pass through one of the towns more frequently mentioned on the stages I should just ask where or if I can get a sello, if places are open.

Thank you.
You don't really have to search for a special place to get the sello because every post office, pension, albergue, bar, restaurant, train station, bakery, police station etc. has one although they might not be of a Camino purpose design. But 2 sellos per day from Chantada on Invierno would do fine in the PO in SdC for receiving Compostela.

In my experience it wasn't a problem even with just one per day when they saw that I started in Madrid and then walked Sahagun-Ponferrada and Invierno because there was unbroken string of sellos for each day. But better safe than sorry if you really want that Compostela very much ;)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Getting sellos on the Invierno often means getting a business to stamp your credential with the stamp they use to stamp invoices when they pay them, etc. So you will find that many of the sellos are not pretty or camino-related. Every business, store, and bar has a sello. I have on a number of occasions gotten a pharmacy to stamp my credential just so that I can remember the wonderful pharmacist who helped with my bed bug problem, my allergy problem, my muscle pain problem, etc etc.

My understanding is that 2 sellos per day applies to any of the Camino routes as soon you enter Galicia.
As the others have said they literally can be from anywhere you visit, use or patronise along your chosen route.
Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My understanding is that 2 sellos per day applies to any of the Camino routes as soon you enter Galicia.
As the others have said they literally can be from anywhere you visit, use or patronise along your chosen route.
Buen Camino
Two sellos per day has nothing to do with Galicia as such but with last 100km (200km for bicigrinos) to Santiago.

But it's also true that all these 100km places are in Galicia :)

when I pass through one of the towns more frequently mentioned on the stages I should just ask where or if I can get a sello, if places are open.
Yes.
I have on a number of occasions gotten a pharmacy to stamp my credential just so that I can remember the wonderful pharmacist who helped with my bed bug problem, my allergy problem, my muscle pain problem, etc etc.
What a great idea. Pharmacists on the camino are heros.

Getting sellos on the Invierno often means getting a business to stamp your credential with the stamp they use to stamp invoices when they pay them, etc. So you will find that many of the sellos are not pretty or camino-related. Every business, store, and bar has a sello. I have on a number of occasions gotten a pharmacy to stamp my credential just so that I can remember the wonderful pharmacist who helped with my bed bug problem, my allergy problem, my muscle pain problem, etc etc.
Really the book of the walking wounded!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back