• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Semana Santa 2016 SdC to Finisterre

SabsP

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
This year I will only walk the epilogue from SdC to Finisterre. This during the Semana Santa. Luckily I already booked my accomodation in SdC because I know from previous years that the bigger Spanish cities fill up quickly by mostly Spaniards visiting their family and do some partying.

During my 2011 spring Camino I was walking Los Arcos to Burgos when the Semana Santa was going on and I did not encounter difficulties finding a place to sleep ( albergues and pensiones ). But more and more pilgrims on the way now of course so my question to you is :

Is the Route to Finisterre busy with Spaniards taking advantage of the week off to do some walking or will I be ok finding lodgings?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I can't help for sure, Sabine as I didn't walk it during Semana Santa. I left SdC. on 16th August , very busy time and also festival de San Roque in the nearby villages (which meant some of the cafes were closed btw) . I walked on my own though, no Spanish walkers and the albergues on the way to Finisterre were empty (well, only 3 of us!).
Finisterre itself was busy though, huge queue at the albergues - I arrived quite late (I think the Municipal was full-up) so I booked myself in a hotel...
Buen camino :)

Last edited:
Hi Domigee,

Thanks for the info.

I booked my second night through email. I just know I cannot walk after 25 k another 4 or 5 if a particular albergue would be full. The owner will pick you up on the trail and drives you back to this point the next morning.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Back