• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Semana Santa / Holy week Santiago de Compostela 2021

Arn

Veteran Member
As it stands, at present, the celebration of the Easter Mass at the Cathedral will be limited to pilgrims from Galicia and, of course, others from the region.
For those of you that have memories of attending the Easter Mass at the cathedral, what stands out to you?
Was it a goal of yours to finish the Camino on Easter Day? Did you accomplish that goal? What was the atmosphere both outside in the plaza and in the cathedral itself?
My hope is that the pandemic is brought under control and we pilgrims, from across the globe, will once again celebrate Easter Mass in Santiago.
Buen "He is Risen" Camino,
Arn

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Tomorrow it is Palm Sunday and of course due to the pandemic there will be no processions this week , but there are alternatives.

A reminder to members that the Forum Rules do not allow discussions about religion. Notifications about religious services connected to the Camino or the Cathedral have always been allowed on the forum, but they are not an excuse to enter into debate about religious beliefs.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks for posting this @SabineP!
I hope the Triduum processions are allowed outdoors this year. They are deeply moving and an integral part of the Triduum celebrations in SdC. Loved being in SdC for The Triduum.

As the wonderfully crafted pasos won't be paraded through the streets of Los Arcos this year I am attaching some photos of the tableaux from Easter 2015 when they were in the cloisters of the town's beautiful church. I had to stay for two nights there because of a chest infection but it meant that I was there when the church was open and able to see inside this glorious building.

Attachments

• WP_20150406_11_16_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150406_11_16_23_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • WP_20150406_11_17_22_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150406_11_17_22_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • WP_20150406_11_17_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150406_11_17_29_Pro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • WP_20150406_11_17_57_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150406_11_17_57_Pro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • WP_20150406_11_20_50_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150406_11_20_50_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
@SEB2 Unlike some sombre pasos from other towns these from Los Arcos look very intimate and inviting ( for lack of a better word ).

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Great topic. Does anyone know if this mass will be available on video? or Zoom?... And if so where can one find it ?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Great topic. Does anyone know if this mass will be available on video? or Zoom?... And if so where can one find it ?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Have been searching on the catedral website and on the site of the parish church of the cathedral but can't seem to find a link.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Have been searching on the catedral website and on the site of the parish church of the cathedral but can't seem to find a link.
Nice coincidence; today you cited this link to the Iglesia de la Corticela within the cathedral and I showed the exterior view of it as my first sight of the cathedral yesterday

Last edited:
"La Iglesia de la Corticela desde 1527 es la iglesia de extranjeros y vascos".
(Corticela church is the chuch of foreigners and Basques since 1527).
The thing is that there was an inmigration of Basques to Santiago who were experts in something that I can't find on Internet and so that the street name "Rua dos Basquiños" near the bus station.

Most read last week in this forum

Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!
I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.